A valuable tool.

Old 01-08-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A valuable tool.

I'll share what I've found to be a valuable tool:

"I don't use alcohol". Smile when you say it and look them straight in the eye.

This phrase will disarm anyone. This phrase will leave them jaw-dropped speechless. You will be engulfed and immersed in an absolutely overwhelming sensation of profound superiority and dominance of the moment. You've just seized the moment! You've just captured command of the environment.

This works too behind the steering wheel as you approach the liquor store. Say it out loud, to yourself. Experience the power! The phrase works anytime, anywhere, for any situation. "I don't use alcohol." Never add: "anymore". Don't offer any explanation. What they don't understand is their problem. "I don't use alcohol." is my do-everything tool. Keep it handy; ready to use on a moment's notice. Use it often.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fleonard36 View Post
I'll share what I've found to be a valuable tool:

"I don't use alcohol". Smile when you say it and look them straight in the eye.

This phrase will disarm anyone. This phrase will leave them jaw-dropped speechless. You will be engulfed and immersed in an absolutely overwhelming sensation of profound superiority and dominance of the moment. You've just seized the moment! You've just captured command of the environment.

This works too behind the steering wheel as you approach the liquor store. Say it out loud, to yourself. Experience the power! The phrase works anytime, anywhere, for any situation. "I don't use alcohol." Never add: "anymore". Don't offer any explanation. What they don't understand is their problem. "I don't use alcohol." is my do-everything tool. Keep it handy; ready to use on a moment's notice. Use it often.
I LOVE IT!!! That word "use"... it's perfect. In essence it's the same as saying you aren't a druggie. You don't give in to the social/commercialized pressure of having to drink the drug to be an adult. Thanks!
Old 01-15-2014, 10:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is a great way to put it.

"Use" is doing some powerful work in that sentence. Not "drink" ... "use."