Notices

Subutex and extreme sleep disorder/problem.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Subutex and extreme sleep disorder/problem.

I have been on subutex just over a month now for my over the counter codeine addiction. I have been codeine free since November 14th 2013, when I was prescribed subutex.

Please bear with me, this is extreme and bizarre.

In short, subutex has provided me with a tool to help me in the task of saving my life, specially my physical health.

However.

Since I began using subutex, I have had some of the most extreme things ever to happen to me happen in my 'sleep' at night.

Basically, to cut a lot of doo doo out of this, this is what happens:

I 'wake up' about 5 minutes into sleep, I cannot move my body, but I can look around the room. A bright light shines in through the door, a man with long brown dreadlocks, a green sweater and jeans walks in, flanked by a strange looking alien.

The alien grabs my ankles and I am pulled through the light in the doorway, which the man with dreadlocks told me was a wormhole.

When we get to the 'other side' of this wormhole, I am as alert and awake as I am now, stood in what I can only describe as a futuristic city. The guy with the brown dreadlocks told me this is the 28th century.

In the city, there are enormous skyscrapers, far taller than anything in any city today, even places like Shanghai and Dubai have nothing on this place. Some are so tall their rooftops cannot be seen for cloud. Lights stream from the windows, hover pods fly overhead, cars zoom round on raised up roadways and a huge dome glints in the middle of the city. A monorail train zooms by on a neon blue track, dreadlocks guy said this train does supersonic speeds, but doesn't make a sonic boom due to having a 'dampener' on it, lol. Yeah, the detail is absolutely out of this world, this is NO dream I have ever had I assure you.

It began with me being required to take a glowing object from his arms and bring it back to my time. I finally managed to do this on the third attempt, and was thrown back into my body with a violent 'thud' and woke up gasping for breath.

Now every night is a new 'episode' of this, all starts the same way, waking up, cannot move, dreadlocks guy and alien come in, alien grabs my ankles and off I go.

The man with dreads has told me:

'You are very important to us'

'You created the oracle' (which I later found out is an artificial intelligence which grew out of some code I wrote centuries ago). Yes I do write code but mainly for my android app project and occasionally HTML when I fancy, but AI? really?

'You did it, which allowed us to be here' (presume this relates to bringing back the glowing object).

The city is called 'Happenstance' and covers the entire middle of England.

The world no longer looks like it does now, the polar ice is thicker and some coastlines are much further inland.

There is a city on the moon, which dreadlocks guy said is like an admin center for Earth affairs.

I was shown a massive spaceship which can fly through black holes (not possible I know) which makes cargo deliveries to other parts of the universe.

There are robots EVERYWHERE who have replaced a lot of human jobs.

This is not even half of what has happened to me and been said to me in this place since I started the subutex and stopped using codeine.

It is now preventing my brain from getting ANY rest, and I wake up (aka get thrown back into my body) tanked full of adrenaline like I have just been at the gym or on a run!.

I have looked back on myself and my husband in bed while being 'taken' through the wormhole in the doorway. The alien opens the wormhole, although at first it was just the dreadlocks guy on his own.

I have told my support worker with the drugs team, she has no idea and just suggested 'sleep hygiene' which is about as useful as a chocolate teapot when you are dealing with something that is happening in your sleep, not before it.

I have NO control over this.

Some of my theories are:

My brain is having problems adjusting to life without codeine pumping through it 24/7.

My brain is struggling to produce certain chemicals due to the codeine abuse, as opiates do this for your brain, so when you stop, your brain has to re learn these processes. However subutex is a very powerful opiate.

It's the subutex it's self, but meddling with the dosage (reducing it) would be a lethal move for me right now as I am still trying to get myself sorted on it.

I have a sleep disorder of some strange kind.

Apart from that, I am at a loss to explain this.

It's only because I am very rational that I don't think this is actually happening to me, but when it does, then yes, it is actually happening to you, you are there, these things are infront of you, do with them as you wish.

Has anyone else EVER had anything close to this?

I have seen the 'old hag' as well but only a couple of times while on subutex.

I am not diagnosed with any additional mental illness.

I am not taking any other drugs or medications.

I am not hallucinating in the daytime.

I am otherwise quite fit and healthy.

Things I have already tried to no avail:

Reducing caffeine.

Reducing dairy before bed.

Turning off all technology and trying to wind down an hour before bed.

Relaxation and breathing stuff.

I already eat a healthy diet.

All ideas welcome!
Old 02-03-2014, 06:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Holy ****, that sounds like a blast. I suggest upping your dose of Subutex, maybe it will get more intense. Write these things down immediately upon waking and compile them into a novel when it concludes.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What is the "old hag"?

Otherwise sounds fascinating but exhausting.