# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of December 2012 - Part 10

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-9-a-20.html

D
Old 12-15-2013, 04:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Evening all, just a quick check in, been busy around the house doing some light renos, taking a cabinet out, other fun things, pretty well just leaving the vacuum out lying around. Doing well, shopping done for all but the little ones, so need to figure out 1 and 3 yr old presents again, when they already have a stupid amount of toys. Took the old ent cabinet out of the front room and got that downstairs, it was a big dual bookcase one with a stretcher piece across the top. Should have done it years ago, really opened up the front room.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Evening all. Spent almost all of Friday and Saturday in the car. picking up some stuff across state. so today was spent not doing much. Dogs are wiped out, it was a long boring trip for them. I still have Christmas shopping to do and will not get to that till next weekend, thankfully I know exactly what I am getting and where it is so it shouldn't be to painful. Take care all!
Old 12-15-2013, 08:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
p***enger

Thanks for the fresh thread, Dee.

I'm ok-- the bar is closed & basically all of at least this neighborhood in DC is shut down by now, 11 p.m. on Sunday evening, so I'd have to work pretty hard to drink tonight. I ended up watching a bunch of non-alcoholics drink VERY sparingly tonight, except Rob, who sucked down 2 gin & tonics pretty enthusiastically, but I think he was just thirsty. I don't know how these people do it. My closest colleague asked me point blank about why I stopped drinking -- actually, she asked, do you lose control when you drink? I had to think about that a while! Finally I said that I seldom lost control of my drinking -- in the end, it was just that for the sake of controlling my drinking, I gave up control of everything else.

Have a good night, everyone.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Morning all

Courage-good job not drinking. Great repsonse to your colleague How are you feeling today?

Tam- I hope you don't think I'm speaking out of turn here but maybe consider speaking with HR. If someone else has already complained about him it will be on his HR file. The more people who complain about him then they can't really ignore it. I hope things are better this week for you.

Tazzle-hope your dogs are ok.

Christmas shopping for me today, then carol service tomorrow,friends visiting Weds, more shopping thursday ( ) then off to see Grandma RAL on Friday.
It's gonna be a busy week I'll check in where possible.
We've had power cuts on & off all weekend -that'll teach me to live in the middle of nowhere !!

Hope everyone is well and getting sorted out for the holidays. What are everyone's plans?
Old 12-16-2013, 12:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

LOL, just realised and its not really that funny, that I joined this group last week...thinking it was the Dec 2013 group! Dee ...you are far too polite not to have told me. The kicking of the booze is not going well, hence my inability to read simple dates!! I guess I kinda started my journey last Dec ...so all things being relative!? I have been drunk pretty much every day for the past week, I managed 2 days without where I made a plan and met up with someone from NA which was positive. Im still doing well with the pills ..over 2 months now since I quit but I know iv just swopped one addiction for another anyway the woman from NA is meeting me today and taking me to my first AA meeting. So we'l see how this goes, day 1 again, but maybe the support will help this time.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
p***enger

Fruitymarzipan, I guess we all just liked you too much to suggest you find another thread!

Best wishes on putting together some sober time.It isn't easy, but I'm pretty sure that all of us here -- and we were just where you are last year -- think it's worth it!
Old 12-16-2013, 04:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
p***enger

Congratulations on ONE YEAR, Tam!
Old 12-16-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

congratulations on 1 year Tam

Old 12-16-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Fruity, I feel you need to be aware that us Decemberites of 2012 are one of the most possesive of the months and tend to not let people leave once they have entered out cyber space. So you are one of us now (you also cant turn us down as we are also very sensitive and get our feelers hurt easily by rejection) so we expect you to post here whenever you want and to send us all cookies and fudge, (that part is something I made up, the first part is true, unless of course Dee says otherwise)

Courage! wonderful job! Good reaction to your friend also. I think that Each time we have to confront something like that we get stronger and the AV gets weeker.

take care all and have a great week!
Old 12-16-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi all, many thanks for the good wishes and inquires on the new job front, it's all going well, very different working for a mahooosive company and a completely different working environment, realising how handy it was to have a global brand behind you when getting the customer to talk to you! The irony is that the little company can do a much better better job of actually fulfilling the customer requirement and can certainly do a better job of delivering it!

Another sober weekend down, despite having a big drinker over to stay with his wife and son on Friday night, 18 months ago we would see off 4 or 5 bottles of wine between us and shots on top, last Friday he got through a bottle and a bit, just goes to show how proper drinkers fuel each other's AVs hey!

Got eyes locked back on 100 days (not really counting as such, have put 50 day markers in the phone diary so I don't have to) and getting a start on my tattoo

Fairly relaxed about Xmas, have seen through a sober festive season once before so I. An do it again right!
Old 12-16-2013, 06:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Thanks all! How sweet! Fireworks and cheerleaders. LOL

Off to bed, rough day at work and just want to crash.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can post in both 2012 and 2013 threads if you like FM...

congratulations Tam

D
Old 12-16-2013, 09:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

What is this madness? You can't post in two different threads for the same month.

Just kidding, post in every thread if it helps you stay sober.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 1 year courage -am I right inthinking you are the day after Tam.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Courage! Happy 1 year!!!
Old 12-17-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I just heard from hubby. They are doing an emergency hospital admit if his dad. Pneumonia CHF. Multiple things going wrong all at once. Positive thoughts appreciated
Old 12-17-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Congrats Tam

Sorry I missed saying that yesterday!

Thoughts are with you Taz, really hoping that everything is the sort of bad that only looks bad and then ends up not so bad - if you follow me.

Happy Anniversary Courage - very proud of you
Old 12-17-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

prayers for you and your family Taz - I hope all will be well

congratulations Courage!

D
Old 12-17-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Update. His CHF has worsened (he is 92) they just have to remove fluid and can come home in a few days. So that's good news. To continue my drama queen status for today, work is horrible today. Everything wrong is my fault, to much to hope I would get fired. Now boss and daughter are having a scream fest in the conference room,,, sigh