Yay first post lol
Old 12-11-2013, 04:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Woohoo part 20! We rock.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Morning everyone!

I'm here and miserable. Last night I couldn't breathe out of my nose so I slept with my mouth open and dreamed I was thirsty in the desert.

My nose is raw from blowing it so much. I just have one of those colds that I have to let run its course. I just wish it would hurry up and finish running that sh*t already!!

I've been reading everyone's posts.

Renarde - you rock
Fifth - congrats on 3 days!
Fishy - update? Glad you're being monitored. Head injuries are nothing to play with!
UI, Grace, Melina, Lommey, Rochele, Tallia, Kaneda -

I cancelled my savannah trip. I think my mom will be hurt and I feel a little guilty, but I have to take care of myself. I really don't feel ready to be back in a Savannah yet. Hopefully one day she will understand this.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hope your cold is better soon br00ksie xx

Well done for making a difficult choice and putting your sobriety first you be ready one day soon these changes we are making takes time
Old 12-11-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Br00ksie View Post
Morning everyone!

I'm here and miserable. Last night I couldn't breathe out of my nose so I slept with my mouth open and dreamed I was thirsty in the desert.

My nose is raw from blowing it so much. I just have one of those colds that I have to let run its course. I just wish it would hurry up and finish running that sh*t already!!

I've been reading everyone's posts.

Renarde - you rock
Fifth - congrats on 3 days!
Fishy - update? Glad you're being monitored. Head injuries are nothing to play with!
UI, Grace, Melina, Lommey, Rochele, Tallia, Kaneda -

I cancelled my savannah trip. I think my mom will be hurt and I feel a little guilty, but I have to take care of myself. I really don't feel ready to be back in a Savannah yet. Hopefully one day she will understand this.
I hate to hear that you feeling sickly
Old 12-11-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

wow, Brooksie, you are doing so well making smart choices, and even though they are difficult. I am really proud of you and your dedication to your recovery. I think you did the righ thting, since you were dreading that rip. Hopefully your mother will understand. Eventually.

Does she know you are in recovery or that you had such a problem with booze and pills? Is she supportive of it? Sorry if I forget.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow what a pleasant surprise my son has been staying at the hospital with me he told me this morning he had to leave early had some stuff to take care of he just got back about 20 minutes ago and he had his grandma my mom with him he went picked her up at the airport this morning. I haven't seen my mom since Memorial Day 2012 now I'm scared wonder if the doctor told them I was dying
Old 12-11-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
wow, Brooksie, you are doing so well making smart choices, and even though they are difficult. I am really proud of you and your dedication to your recovery. I think you did the righ thting, since you were dreading that rip. Hopefully your mother will understand. Eventually.

Does she know you are in recovery or that you had such a problem with booze and pills? Is she supportive of it? Sorry if I forget.
She knows, but I don't think she knows how bad it was. She just saw my drinking habits progress. She was pretty clueless about the weed and pills.

She is supportive, but is not an alcoholic/addict and she has a type-A personality so she is having difficulty understanding/relating to what I'm going through.

She ALWAYS makes things about her, and I'm sure she is going to make this trip cancellation about her as well.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
Wow what a pleasant surprise my son has been staying at the hospital with me he told me this morning he had to leave early had some stuff to take care of he just got back about 20 minutes ago and he had his grandma my mom with him he went picked her up at the airport this morning. I haven't seen my mom since Memorial Day 2012 now I'm scared wonder if the doctor told them I was dying
(((Fish)))

She is probably just worried.

If I heard that my dad/son had gotten a head injury, I would be on the next flight out also!
Old 12-11-2013, 05:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

She knows, but I don't think she knows how bad it was. She just saw my drinking habits progress. She was pretty clueless about the weed and pills.

She is supportive, but is not an alcoholic/addict and she has a type-A personality so she is having difficulty understanding/relating to what I'm going through.

She ALWAYS makes things about her, and I'm sure she is going to make this trip cancellation about her as well.
This!

Me too. I am guessing you do not typically have overnight stays in the hospital. I would go to my child as well, (even if they were grown).
Old 12-11-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ah, yes. My mom did that too. Always about her. How much it hurt her, inconvenienced her, etc... no matter whose crisis it really was.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Fifth, excellent work! Keep it up! And please tell us about Malta. I would love to hear about it from someone who lives there.

Brooksie, so sorry you have a bad cold, love. Take good care. And hopefully Mom will come around. As a mom myself I just know that for all her faults she loves you!

Thinking of all of you. I am so thankful for and proud of all of us. I know that I couldn't have done this without you.

Hugs to all!
Old 12-11-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Fish, enjoy the time with your mom!
Old 12-11-2013, 06:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Take care guys. Congratulations Renarde .
Fish, I hope you won't new any invasive treatment.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm praying for you Fishy and thinking of you often. I hope they get you all fixed up real soon (((hugs))).
Old 12-11-2013, 07:26 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Alright I have both sons my wife and my mother here I guess I'm going to e hit my head more often . Dr says I can go home but I'm on bed rest for at least the next 10 days. Navigate to go see him in his office on Friday.

Go home tomorrow
Old 12-11-2013, 07:29 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

My one smart ass son bought me a bicycle helmet and says next time I drink or go work in the yard I need to wear my bicycle helmet. He said his friend Ed hit his head now he is special ed
Old 12-11-2013, 07:36 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I messed up my earlier post ik can go home tomorrow
Old 12-11-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

My son Drew he read almost all of the September clubs post for the last month then he says thank you for being supportive or his old Man and he is very happy that I met a group of people like you to help me with my issues.