Administrator

Class of September 2013 - Part 18

continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-17-a-21.html

D
Old 11-27-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate - and remember we're here...we have your back

D
Old 11-27-2013, 01:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Me first this time! LOL. Thank you Dee.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

UI, Glad to see you found 1/2 a turkey! Enjoy.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well I don't know what's in it as I'm afraid to open the package. Was supposed to be turkey breasts but it I think I bought some half part that includes the breasts.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
Me first this time! LOL. Thank you Dee.
Rochelle I did a thanks be for your post so I'm first nanny nanny boo boo lol
Old 11-27-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Old 11-27-2013, 03:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I went to the store for some last minute things. I bought sparkling mineral water and some red raspberries to add to it this will be my drink tomorrow.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Tonight has been good. Having a blast with the fam! I was definitely right about my little cousins!!
They are 10, 8, and 4 and so sharp and charismatic and funny!!
The worst part of tonight has been trying not to stare at peoples wine glasses. Smh.

Not craving booze though! Which is good.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm wishing all of you lovely Septembers a great Thanksgiving. Hugs and kisses to all.

xoxo, Melina
Old 11-27-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

With the holiday tomorrow this would have been the perfect night for me to drink. And yet I don't want to. Zero cravings today. At one point I even asked myself, don't you want to drink. Nope. Let's see if this continues tomorrow.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Tired. Made sme desserts, got some other food ready, watched a movie with my daughter and am turing in early. My hubster snored so last night I had a terrible night, so hoping tonight is better. He and our son are out at a sports event, and will be late. Hopefully if I am alseep when he comes to bed, I will be okay, lol. I really should clean up the guest room so it is an option on those nights.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating, if I get too busy to post much tomorrow. Might try to unplug to be a better example to the kids. But I know you are all here if I need you. I am sure I will check in at some point.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I need new legs. Anyone have spares ?
Old 11-27-2013, 08:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

It's thanksgiving, so I wanted to share some things I am grateful for.

I am grateful for my family who are at the lake. They have been really supportive and fun.

I am grateful to be able to be away from the city. It was snowing on the way to the lake, and the white sky and ground and trees looked like a country post card. It reminded me of the poem "Stopping By Woods On a Snowy Evening."

I am grateful for my sobriety. I definitely would have been hiding/sipping bottles of booze and or would have brought a weed stash to the lake if I weren't sober.

I am sooo grateful for the support and inspiration and spirit of this class! You all make me laugh daily, you have gotten me through meltdowns, self doubt, isolation, and encouraged my progress. We are a pretty awesome gang of drunks!

I am grateful for the people I have found in AA? They help me grow and help me to stay on the right path.

I am grateful for the program of AA. I have come to realize that the reason I am sober today is that I enjoy the program of AA more than I enjoy drinking. I love meetings. I love (most of) the people. I love the wisdom. I love the literature. I feel blessed to be a part of the program that inspired me into action and committment in terms of my sobriety.

What are you guys grateful for??
Old 11-27-2013, 08:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Br00ksie View Post
It's thanksgiving, so I wanted to share some things I am grateful for.

I am grateful for my family who are at the lake. They have been really supportive and fun.

I am grateful to be able to be away from the city. It was snowing on the way to the lake, and the white sky and ground and trees looked like a country post card. It reminded me of the poem "Stopping By Woods On a Snowy Evening."

I am grateful for my sobriety. I definitely would have been hiding/sipping bottles of booze and or would have brought a weed stash to the lake if I weren't sober.

I am sooo grateful for the support and inspiration and spirit of this class! You all make me laugh daily, you have gotten me through meltdowns, self doubt, isolation, and encouraged my progress. We are a pretty awesome gang of drunks!

I am grateful for the people I have found in AA? They help me grow and help me to stay on the right path.

I am grateful for the program of AA. I have come to realize that the reason I am sober today is that I enjoy the program of AA more than I enjoy drinking. I love meetings. I love (most of) the people. I love the wisdom. I love the literature. I feel blessed to be a part of the program that inspired me into action and committment in terms of my sobriety.

What are you guys grateful for??
I am grateful for many things, but the relevant one I could point out right now is this:

I am grateful for your enthusiasm, commitment and honesty, Brooksie. You're a sweet soul and I appreciate you.

Enjoy your holiday! Reading how rejuvenated you are by family is warming to my heart.

Hugs to you from Chicago!

xoxo, Melina
Old 11-27-2013, 08:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like I said on another thread - I'm thankful for everything I have.
I should perhaps be dead - my life is pretty good...I feel blessed

D
Old 11-27-2013, 09:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Grateful for a roof over my head in a safe neighborhood for the first time in a long time.

Thankful husband has a job.

Thankful for the most amazing child in the world.

Thankful I am in an elite academic program that, though exhausting, inspires, challenges, and fascinates me every day.

Thankful for this wonderful new job I have that fell into my lap.

Thankful for my parents though they are so far away.

Thankful that husband and I have over a decade together and still love each other.

Thankful I have hopes and dreams and goals.

Thankful for my sobriety.

Thankful for all of my classmates and our mods - I love you all very much.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

How about this, loves? I got it off somebody's fb today:

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend." -Melody Beattie

more xoxo's to my Septembers, Melina
Old 11-27-2013, 09:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

(((Melina)))
Old 11-27-2013, 09:22 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I am also grateful for my animals. How did I forget that? I have one little one who is special needs and has been with me for a decade. That little friend is my heart and soul.