# 2 (permalink)  

Take *that* Class of September!
Old 11-18-2013, 07:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 11-18-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Woo hoo, Venecia, look at us on part 7. We're gaining on them!

Yes, Elseware, thank you for the reminder about that time of the year. I remember now falling into a slump last November too. Maybe it has something to do with it getting darker earlier. And I'm starting to get nervous about the holidays. Trying not to jump ahead and just live in the moment.

So I searched my house and can't find The Power of Now. I think I passed it onto my sister awhile back, so I got on Amazon and put it in my cart. In the meantime, going to go with some Anthony de Mello. One of my favorite books of his is Awareness.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
Take *that* Class of September!
LOL! You are a funny girl Venecia!
Old 11-18-2013, 08:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Guy selling honey down the road here. My father was a big beekeeper...

Old 11-18-2013, 08:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Doesn't he wear a bee suit? He looks very vulnerable.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

'Never felt accepted.' - from the prior thread. Boy I had that going on as a kid, lasted until somewhere into highschool. I suppose I've never really gotten over it. I have few friends, none very close. Doesn't bother me too much usually. My wife was really my closest friend, not sure I'm ever going to get that back now.

Well on to other stuff. I asked for a solution at work and got one. I'm being moved to another client as soon as I finish 'fixing' my current deliverable. I'm going back to a client I've worked with before and look forward to working with sane people again. I suppose I was tolerating it mostly because I was insane too until I stopped drinking again.

Well, that's all for now, must get a bit more sleep tonight, have been staying up too late and was a bit headachy today.

Good night friends
FG
Old 11-19-2013, 02:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elseware View Post
Doesn't he wear a bee suit? He looks very vulnerable.
No, no problem, I walked all around and between the hives- most bee species aren't interested in you, unless you touch the hive. You can even drive a huge vibrating lawn mower past and they still couldn't care less- but if you go tap tap tap on the box they'll chase you down the road.

The killer bee strain however was unusual in defending a large territory around the hive. Don't know what happened to them...
Old 11-19-2013, 02:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by foolsgold66 View Post
'Never felt accepted.' - from the prior thread.
FG
I usually like it- you don't want to be part of a club that's going to accept you... I regularly give my work colleagues a boot with a group email, along these lines-

Old 11-19-2013, 03:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Love that picture Sean.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

BTW classmates - we are on par or slightly ahead of our July class (they too are on part 7). Looks like September had an abnormally high number of participants - probably not unlikely as people decided to quit post the summer, sort of what the gym is like in January.

I think we have a good class and understand each other. Its not quantity but quality.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post
Love that picture Sean.
Hi everyone, think I have come a long way baby! Last night I had several friends over and blatantly did not ride behind a wine glass with juice,held a coffee cup and wanted to tell everyone I was almost 90 days! Don't know where this new since of pride came from, like to pass it on!

Ps..look for the new FED EX commercial about knitting...two of my friends did the knitting..they were sent from Maine to HOLLYWOOD to set up commercial .
Old 11-19-2013, 10:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Ocean lady, your new sense of pride comes from a job well done! You deserve to feel good. I feel good for you! Such a feeling of freedom you must have had at that party. And I noticed you didn't seem to be sitting there feeling sorry for yourself. Like I've been doing lately. Just had a coffee. Soooo good! You're inspiring.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:02 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congrats Oceanlady - It is amazing when you are serious about this recovery process you exude this energy and others around can pickup on it. I work in a sea of alcoholics some higher functioning than others. I don't discuss my alcoholism at work but do let my colleagues know that I am done, forever. Its amazing how many come up to me to ask about how I am feeling and "what's it like." The curiosity is amazing.

Elseware, don't beat yourself up. I was there last week hemming and hawing about my meds and my situation. One thing that helps me is to know there will be good times and bad times. The key is to make as much headway when you are feeling good. Also, as you progress in your recovery, the duration of the good times gets longer and the bad times remains relatively constant. So you see a marked improvement with time. This is my experience.

I look at it like climbing a sand dune and as you get further up the mound, the density of the sand is greater so you don't slip back as much.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SeanMc View Post

I usually like it- you don't want to be part of a club that's going to accept you... I regularly give my work colleagues a boot with a group email, along these lines-
I love this picture also, and have always prided myself on being somewhat of a nonconformist, however as I do more work on myself I am finding much of this is ego-driven, not a reflection of my true self. My therapist reminds me that when I am feeling 'separate', or apart from others, it often reflects my pride and grandiosity - symptoms of my disease. Not saying this is you at all Sean, just a comment on that image and how I associate with it. Thanks.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

wait you too ADVBike? I thought I was the special one, God's gift to mankind...I can't believe there is someone else like me too
Old 11-19-2013, 01:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post
wait you too ADVBike? I thought I was the special one, God's gift to mankind...I can't believe there is someone else like me too
Yep, we're special and what he tells me is there are guys living on the street who feel the same way...
Old 11-19-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hey all. I wish I could keep up with posting in the thread. I read each and every post but I rarely reply.

Just wanted to drop in, say hello and that I am listening to what you say, you are being heard

I find such strength in the words you all write. When I'm having a bad day, hour or minute it helps to log in and read your posts.

I plan to become more active on here, it's only fair that I contribute to the posts in hopes of helping someone like you all have helped me.

I'm starting to feel an creeping around my thoughts, popping up at my weakest moments. Telling me "a drink would be nice" and "one wouldn't hurt". I've held off, and have no desire to drink again. At least not for today. Today I plan to stay sober.

99 days today!
Old 11-19-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Oceanlady View Post
Hi everyone, think I have come a long way baby! Last night I had several friends over and blatantly did not ride behind a wine glass with juice,held a coffee cup and wanted to tell everyone I was almost 90 days! Don't know where this new since of pride came from, like to pass it on! Ps..look for the new FED EX commercial about knitting...two of my friends did the knitting..they were sent from Maine to HOLLYWOOD to set up commercial .
Going to youtube this commercial. I'm an avid knitter and love anything knit related. Are you a knitter as well?

This is something I'm working on ATM

Last edited by Sheknits; 02-05-2014 at 01:03 PM.