Class Of November 2013 Part 2

Old 11-18-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class Of November 2013 Part 2

continues from here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2013-a-21.html

D

Last edited by Dee74; 11-18-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

hang in there dreamr and peacehappyness - that irritable and foggy phase will pass, I promise

welcome hothow and gilmer and welcome back Avra - have you guys got any ideas on what you might do differently this time?

I'm sorry to hear about your FIL Avra.

D
Old 11-18-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, old and new classmates!
Well done to everyone still on the sober train, and well done to those who are back after a slip, you are in the best place here
Day fifteen for me today and no desire to drink. Which is great because work is really stressful right now and i would usually have turned to wine to ease this but am glad to say still on the tea
I'm kind of down at the moment, juggling 40hrs and a hubby and three kids isnt as easy as i thought and the guilt at not being home more is crushing sometimes. Work will not review the rota so im stuck. I dont quite know what to do next. All i do know is whatever i do i'll do it sober!!
Old 11-18-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I just won't believe the lie that if I drink it's no big deal. It affects my conscience, and I can't live without a clear conscience. I just can't live in a darkened state! I go nuts and take it out on everybody else!
Old 11-18-2013, 02:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by apophylite View Post
All i do know is whatever i do i'll do it sober!!
Such a great attitude! Congrats on completing 2 weeks!
Old 11-19-2013, 03:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Checking in at the beginning of day 18. I'm feeling very grateful today that I've made it 17 entire days in a row and I'm beginning my 18th. Even though I'm not going to meetings or doing the program necessarily I finished reading the AA big book the other day. I've ready under and above the influence in the past, I might reread portions of them. Currently using the little black prayer/reflection book that AA uses quite a bit. I'm trying to start directing my morning 'me time' more towards some self reflection and prayer rather than just reading for a little while.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sounds great, Kiya. I am in a better frame of mind today than I was yesterday. Sleep is a lifesaver for me!
Old 11-19-2013, 03:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Way to go on day 18, Kiya!
Old 11-19-2013, 06:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi there...it's time I joined the class of November--I've been reading a lot in this site and posted a few times but need to be more accountable and I need to quit! I want to talk more with you guys as you all understand...my friends and family don't think I have a problem but I know I do...This is probably my hundredth day one but I have a better plan in place with working the women or sobriety program and possibly rational recovery so here I am!!
Old 11-19-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome, Jenn!
Old 11-19-2013, 06:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

welcome jenn, the november class is a pretty cool place to be!
Old 11-19-2013, 06:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Woke up to start day 13. Have much confidence I'll make it through the evening with no problems. Going to my first AA meeting tonight. It's listed as a Big Book study meeting. Hope I like it. Still feel a little fuzzy in the mornings (not as bad when I drank.) Think it must be the sleep aid and "mild" tranquilizer my Dr gave me. Those few people close to me that know I detoxed keep telling me how proud they are of me but It makes me a bit uncomfortable. I feel like I might let them down at some point. I'll try to stay strong and wish the same for all of you.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi,

I've nearly finished day 2. I find that all I am thinking about is not drinking and it's driving me crazy. I am so desperate to stop my crazy life of secret drinking. I wake up in the morning with a heavy head and broken heart.

I have a very active social life and am always entertaining friends or being entertained. I drink secretly before people arrive and then tend to slow down throughout the evening because I have reached my limit. I forget conversations, where I put things, how I got home, etc. It's just a matter of time before something serious happens. I have 3 fantastic children & a very loving husband. I have so much to live for but have this awful noose around ny neck that i cant seem to shake. I have got to do this for them and for me.

God help us all.

X
Old 11-19-2013, 07:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
hang in there dreamr and peacehappyness - that irritable and foggy phase will pass, I promise

welcome hothow and gilmer and welcome back Avra - have you guys got any ideas on what you might do differently this time?

I'm sorry to hear about your FIL Avra.

D
Thanks Dee. I am struggling a bit with what to do different. I think for me it boils down to having just not made it a priority. I have some books on RR that are collecting dust as well as some others on alcoholism. I wont know if that program will work for me if I ddont bother reading them. So This time I am going to give it higher priority in my life.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Day 14...
Old 11-19-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

When will I learn? Fell off the boat this weekend and lost my membership in the Class of August 2013. Was doing great but forgot why I quit drinking and started listening to my own twisted logic about why I could drink again. Anyway, ninety steps forward and two steps back, time to start hiking forward again.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi classmates.

Hard day yesterday.
A co-worker asked me round for an early Christmas glass of wine and I began to think it was a good idea. I declined but this led to a 3 hour, barely contained, anxiety attack that finally subsided with yet more of the spicy food and Green/white tea I drink now.
I guess I began thinking about the holidays and the challenges ahead. Many of us are, I am sure.
Woke today and felt very proud of myself. Ready for day 9.

Good luck to all you guys for the challenges today (from freezing Manitoba) - Especially the newcomers. You have joined an awesome, supportive group who know a lot of what you are facing each day.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Avra View Post
Well not that it is a valid excuse, but my husband decided to drink because he is going through some stress with his dad having stage 4 lung cancer. I caved, i guess I used it as an excuse.

The reality is his dad is going to get worse and my hubbie will probably drink again many times over it. I am going to just have to decide to not drink myself. I guess there will always be some stress in life, i cant cave everytime like that.
I firmly believed that the only way to stop is if my wife and I did it together. And we have - the longest was 1 year.

Now I've revised my way of thinking and found that it is possible for me to stop even when there is alcohol available. I hope when she is ready she will stop with me.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:36 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome, Jenn80, Scampered, and BalinChane!

Jenn80, wishing you success on your new plan!

Vedette, good luck with your first AA meeting!

Scampered, I'm still consumed by thoughts of drinking, too. It's hard, but I know it won't be like this forever.

BttrL8ThnNvr, AWESOME that you stayed strong yesterday!

I finally got some motivation to run today, it felt good! Day 10 here, we can do this, guys!
Old 11-19-2013, 09:38 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Gillian, congrats on day 14!