Old 10-19-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of November 2011 Part 8

The last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...pt-7-a-24.html
Old 10-21-2013, 07:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow! A new part! It's been awhile. :0 Thanks Anna!

How is everyone? Countdown to two years!!! I don't know about you but I'm excited.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on the upcoming two years, everyone. I am bringing up the rear with this original group....officially had 6-months today!!! Better to eventually cross the finish line late than to drop out of the race altogether ....or something like that.....😁😁😁
Old 10-23-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Good going, Marine on getting to 6 months and everyone else for their upcoming milestone.

Colder, actually cooler, weather has set in and I've been bizzzy putting the gardens to bed for the winter. Also this is a great time of year to hike in the forest. The ticks are gone and the crazy deer hunters are dormant for another few weeks. Some of those guys make me very nervous!

Lost another couple of pounds, but after the first 10lbs, it is gettingmuch more difficult. I'm not going to fret about it as I feel I'm eating a lot healthier and I feel great.

I had a brief craving for some scotch yesterday, but it passed quickly...no problem.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Way to go Marine! We're glad you're sticking with us, covering the back end!

Bimm, I love your stories about where you live. You are so lucky to be there. I hope one day to have some land in the woods somewhere. Hiking in the fall is the best.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Doing well here. Super busy with work and finally training the new girl. She is doing great.

November 1 is my 2 yr anniversary...yay!
Old 10-23-2013, 09:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

*****! Oct 29 for me. Can't wait. I'm running a 10k on Sunday which I think is pretty appropriate seeing as there is no way in hell I could have pulled that off while drinking. I NEVER thought I would be able to run 10 k!
Old 10-25-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Everyone!

How exciting to have a Part Eight for our group.! Thank you Anna!
Congratulations Marine on six months. That is a big deal.

InPartic, good luck on Sunday w the 10K.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Not much going on w/me. Turniing in early tonight since I am working long days and have recently started eating poorly and not working out. A sign that I need to get more sleep and get it together!! lol. Still as sober as ever, though.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bimm View Post
Good going, Marine on getting to 6 months and everyone else for their upcoming milestone.

Colder, actually cooler, weather has set in and I've been bizzzy putting the gardens to bed for the winter. Also this is a great time of year to hike in the forest. The ticks are gone and the crazy deer hunters are dormant for another few weeks. Some of those guys make me very nervous!

Lost another couple of pounds, but after the first 10lbs, it is gettingmuch more difficult. I'm not going to fret about it as I feel I'm eating a lot healthier and I feel great.

I had a brief craving for some scotch yesterday, but it passed quickly...no problem.

We should try and meet up sometime!
Old 10-26-2013, 06:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Originally Posted by DarrenW View Post
We should try and meet up sometime!
I could go for that!
I see you've apparently moved to the "Sunny Side" of the river, so you actually may not be that far away now. I'm in Harrison County, so maybe we could arrange a lunch sometime if we can find something convenient??
Old 10-26-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That is so cool you guys...what a small world.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Spent the weekend at the beach with my family and friends to celebrate a friends 40th. I tolerated the drunkeness and turned in at 10pm with my daughter.

Husband drank for about 9 hours and was an ass to our daughter in front of our friends. We left on our own and went back to the hotel. I am over him.. Then on the drive home at three pm he stops to buy more beer for today,,,really? On a Sunday night and drinkingn9 hours yesterday wasnt enough?

Time to start a plan. I dont have to live here and my mom said she would help. Now might be a good time for her to become a snowbird and we can get a place together while I sort this out. I dont think I want a divorce, just need to get away from him for a while and see how it goes. I am startkng to resent him and act like a beeotch...if you know what I mean. Our daughter deserves better too. Its like walking on eggshells around him...he snaps at the drop af a hat...

Sorry for the rant. I did a 5mile run on the beach which was awesome. Cleared my head. I sat on a bench halfway through and broke down and cried for a while...just prayed for some guidance. Not sure what to do next..I am not making any quick decisions. Going home to Kansas on the 21 of November, so will talk it out with family.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Tres,

Sounds like you had a tough weekend. Glad you can post here to let off some steam…it helps, doesn't it?
Old 10-27-2013, 10:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good for you Tres. I think you are doing the right thing for yourself and your daughter honestly.
Keep your chin up and keep looking forward and vent here anytime, that's what we're here for!
Old 10-27-2013, 10:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Tres)))
Old 10-28-2013, 05:53 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Tres, sorry to hear about the weekend and you know that you can come here anytime you need to vent. I think your plan sounds like a good one. . Big group hug
Old 10-28-2013, 07:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bimm View Post
I could go for that!
I see you've apparently moved to the "Sunny Side" of the river, so you actually may not be that far away now. I'm in Harrison County, so maybe we could arrange a lunch sometime if we can find something convenient??
Vanderburgh Here. Not too far away!
Old 10-29-2013, 10:08 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Well two years today since I joined this crazy club. Thanks you guys have been there for me as much if not more than people in my "real" life.
This website has been a godsend for me, absolutely.

Hang in there Tres and hi everyone else.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:47 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations IP

D
Old 10-30-2013, 04:33 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

Tres-I hope that things work out for you and your daughter. I also hope your husband finally realizes the cost of his drinking and finally gets help.

IP-Way to go.

We all rock!