last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-8-a-20.html

D
Old 10-08-2013, 05:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Please don't go lorelei
Old 10-08-2013, 06:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Im feeling terrible today. Usually in the fall I feel great. But a less than perfectly productive week has me feeling down. Trying to turn it around today.
Hope everyone who's here on thisTuesday has a good one!
Old 10-08-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think we're all feeling a little deflated today Plenny, I know I am - but it's not going to help anyone if we cave in and drink.
Hope things look up for you soon x x
Old 10-08-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lorelei, no one thinks less of you in any way, shape or form! Reality is always kinder than the stories we tell ourselves about it. Whatever it is you are saying to yourself...you wouldn't even dream of saying to me or anyone else here if we had done the EXACT same thing. Don't throw in the towel and walk away. We've become a team, a family of sorts...and when one of us stumbles we all pick them up and carry them until we stumble ourselves and then it's our turn to be carried until we can stand again. NONE of us has an ounce of judgement for someone falling off the wagon....because we've all been there, done that and still might. If there are no receivers there can be no givers. You are loved here. Please reconsider your decision. Much, much love flying your way from all of us here.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

~~~Food For Thought ~ Weekday Edition ~~~
~~~Morning Appetizers Part VI~~~

(Day 43 in session.....A sad day today as, for the moment, we have lost a phenomenal classmate in Lorelei, being the optimist I am, I believe that she will return after time to clear her head and put the guilt and shame of her slip in its place and return on her journey. Until then....she will definitely be missed...prayers for her safe return to OctSober)

~~~Keeping the light on for Lorelei~~~~

30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.

31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

32. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.

33. Believe in miracles.

34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.

35. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.

36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.

37. Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.

38. Read the Psalms. They cover every human emotion.

39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.

40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think I need to get back on track with my eating habits. I tend to fall back on that when I'm trying to work or if I feel depressed.
Gotta remind myself of what I want out of every day: Make art, eat well, get some exercise. I think I'll feel human again shortly
Old 10-08-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh, Uninvited, I need to jump on your wagon. I got some Ben and Jerry's for th ekids yesterday. Yeah. Ask me how much of it I had. Had to make sure all 3 flavors were ok, you know. And, good thing I checked. As I think we got a bad batch of Liz Lemon!! something off about it. Think I will send an email and maybe get a free coupon, lol.

So, maybe we need a subforum for ice cream addicts anonymous?
Old 10-08-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Fish, good luck on the exam. BTDT, got the Tshirt. Gonna give you the best advice I got regarding that prep. Flushable or baby wipes and lots of vaseline. Trust me, buddy.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sweet Lorelei, my heart is aching for you, not because you had a slip, but because you're hurting. And when you hurt, the whole lot of us hurts. You don't have to talk about anything, you don't have to be upbeat or cheerful or put others first. Just know that you are always welcome to just BE HERE, among your friends. Give yourself some time, dear--most things never seem quite so bad after a couple of days.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Lorelei! I didn't get to respond before the other thread was closed. Please don't leave! Everyone here has had slips along the way. Please please stay. I will be so sad if you leave us because of one bad weekend. I feel like we are family by now - I wish I knew what to say to make you stay!
Old 10-08-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well the ice cream that appears in my freezer every two days is peanut butter cup. But so help me if I don't have it in the house and I get a craving, I have been known to bake a chocolate cake at midnight
Old 10-08-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well I am pretty depressed and frustrated today. I was too tired to get up early and study or fix my hair after last night's interrupted shower. I have to meet someone this morning to study and I'm unprepared. Husband left without saying anything this morning. I still have that cat on the porch. And I feel so sad at the thought of Lorelei leaving. Like it surprises me how much. I really care about all of you guys very much.
Rochele and Plenny, I am with you on needing to eat better. My weight is lower than it has been in years but with school and moving I have being eating total crap and don't feel well nourished.
Here's hoping the day can be turned around.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Argh I'm sorry you feel that way Renarde. I can imagine how I'd feel in your shoes this morning. I bet if you keep working it out all day things will feel better later. Good luck hon
Old 10-08-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

goodbye xx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

morning all.

wanted to call in and say my goodbyes to you all. did think about disappearing but didn't think that was very kind.

I wont go into the details but I basically met up with someone sat night, started off ok, but we both drank (:-( stupid girl) ended up a complete disaster, and im pretty heartbroken, I haven't drank since then and don't intend too, but I am so upset with myself for drinking and for being so very stupid in trusting someone I didn't really know.

lesson learned, the hard way.

wish you all the best and maybe I will come back at some point but for now its best I leave, sending you all hugs and thanks for being here and being so great. good luck friends x

I know exactly where you are at. Except when I drop off of the face of SR, I don't say good-bye. I just disappear and with regret.

I've done what seems to be similar to what you are doing or thinking.....I think...

Unless, of course, you have a different means of support or you are completely confident that you can do this on your own. Don't get me wrong, I have faith in you!

Look, I changed my user name!! That is how heartbroken I was. Some said, "thanks for being honest and so forth, here on SR. It had nothing to do with being honest. It had to with being associated or viewed as a failure...I just wanted to go away but in the end I realized that I needed SR.

What I've come to learn is that for some or many. It's a difficult fight in the society we all live in because it's everywhere....and I mean everywhere!!

You do what you feel is right for you though.

See yah when we see yah.....Take care in the meantime.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:07 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I've done the exact same thing as NeverThought, and I too regret it. Stay please! Xoxox
Old 10-08-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Lorelei, you have our support no matter what. Your slip does not define you. Take good care.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Renarde, you have a lot on your plate. All the work you have to do and juggling it with a child. I am amazed at you and what you do! You are meeting someone to study, so you will catch up, and do fine. I know you set very high standards for yourself, so you will be fine today, just not prepared to your high standards. I have faith in this.

Can you do a ponytail?
Old 10-08-2013, 07:15 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
Fish, good luck on the exam. BTDT, got the Tshirt. Gonna give you the best advice I got regarding that prep. Flushable or baby wipes and lots of vaseline. Trust me, buddy.
I have done told the doctor that during this procedure if I feel two hands on my shoulders that I am going to be pissed.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:15 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

What I love about our group here is how we are sticking together, even when we have slipped.

We cannot help one another if we do not stay here together.