My Testimony

Old 10-07-2013, 08:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Testimony

Starting off, I was a very weird child. Very quiet and loved to start trouble. In middle school I had the most detentions in my class and could not have been more proud. I had a fascination with hoarding food, letting it get moldy and hiding it, especially in school. I thought I was the coolest, funniest guy to ever live. Enough of that though, I showed some very bizarre behavior growing up and I dont want to go into more detail. Freshman year of high school comes around and I smoke pot for the first time, I fell in love. I smoked evrry chance I got. Not too long after I drank for the first time and hated it, because I got very sick. I got my first job when I was a sophmore, I was so happy since I could drink and smoke whever I wanted now that I was getting a paycheck. I quickly got introduced to hallucinogens, coke, xanax, painkillers, nothing really stuck but the xanax. I was eating xanax, getting wasted, and doing lines to start over again. I thought drinking and drugs were the meaning of life. Before I go any further I had a very loving family, no abuse, no trauma. Nothing like that. Anyways I barely graduated high school, went to a community college, drinking and drugging all day everyday. I always had a job, well I always worked at bars, it was a perfect gig for me at the time. I felt as if I was getting paid to get drunk and I basically was. I failed every single class in college, i did not care. At this point all my drinking and drugging was done by myself, i started stealing. I was a criminal, a scumbag. I hated myself. Then the arrests came. I literally though I was going to die with a bottle in my hand, **** up my nose and a stomach full of xanax. I saw no other way and I was okay with it. My parents sent me to rehab, I went and quickly relapsed when I got home. The same thing happened again. I went to rehab for the 3rd time and then to a halfway house I didnt last too long there. I went to a homeless shelter and did what I always did. I was told about a long term yreatment program a few towns over, found a way there and again, I didnt last long. I was out on the streets, asking people for spare change, hustling up money I didnt care. I just couldnt see myself being sober. I thought suicide was a very good option. I went back to the long term treatment facility, completed the program and now living at a halfway house. I finally had the desire to quit using and drinking. That place saved my life. I am 13 months sober and couldnt be happier. I am finally at peace, i now know life is beautiful. I am 23 years old. I am very grateful I live day by day! With the help of my sponsor, AA, this website, my higher power, and others I am sober and truely happy