# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of August 2013 Part 4

we continue from here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-20.html

D
Old 08-30-2013, 05:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good 4 o'clock in the morning everyone! Long, sweaty night. Slept a little and I rested quietly. My legs were quiet, at least! I've got that restless leg thing going on sometimes. Today I take my very last dose. Tomorrow will be my first day without pills or alcohol in 6 years. The thought makes my stomach sort of flutter. Happy birthday, Zoe! Have a wonderful day. I read your posts avidly. Write about ice cream all you want! I'm gonna get some as soon as I can "wash my face and straighten my hair up". Then i'll make the trek into town. I just must have some food. I'm afraid to get on the scale. I look pretty haggard. It'll be the first time I've been anywhere or seen a soul in a week or so. Hugs to you all, my friends.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Aww thanks Elseware I'm really touched by that, bless you x
In truth, I'm boring myself talking about ice-cream lol
Well done getting through the night and don't go worrying about the scales for now You can sort all that out in time xx
Old 08-30-2013, 06:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Morning everyone! Happy birthday zoe!

7am and I'm up and at em on day 19. I have day 2 of a very stressful course today (pediatric advanced life support) and let me tell you, is it ever nice I go to a training course with a clear mind, having been able to prepare the week leading up instead of drinking every evening.

My kids are so nice and calm lately, I think they feel the difference since we have eliminated all alcohol from our lives and home.

Tonight my youngest sister and her husband arrive for the weekend. This sister knows about my sobriety so she won't be an issue but my oldest sister arrives tomorrow and she is a major alcoholic. I don't even think I will tell her the deal, I think I will just make excuses until she is too drunk to notice that I'm not drinking ( will prob be by about noon!)

Have an amazing sober day everyone! I sure love reading all your posts and being able to post an update here and there, the support here is astounding and really helps to instill confidence!
Old 08-30-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Already having people questioning why I am not drinking. This is pretty annoying. It's like everyone is a pusher! Why does anyone even care?
Old 08-30-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

CardHat - I totally agree! Sometimes when I'd have my longest sobriety stints (usually around 3 months is the longest I've gone) people would pester me about drinking. I would ask how my not drinking changes their lives? Answer- "it doesn't". So I'd ask why bother me then?

Anyway, on day 6 here. Sweats last night bad, but no biggie, gonna make today a great day.

Zoe- Happy Birthday! Have an awesome day.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Zoe!

Day 16 here and a normal live is beginning to emerge.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Happy birthday, Zoe! My mom's b-day, too. Some pretty awesome people born on this date!

Day 11 here for me. Getting ready for a holiday weekend. Gonna hang on tight!
Old 08-30-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Stressful day here at work. My mind tells me to go for a drink but I have a little bit more control of self. Day 3 today and I look forward to a sober weekend.

Peace to all
Old 08-30-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the bday wishes guys I'm doing ok - 6.30pm here so not long to go now Not going anywhere tonight - told my friends i'm 'at the coast' so that I could avoid any 'invites'. At such an early stage (22 days), I'm just not confident enough yet, to take that risk. All's good though and I'm having a lovely time nattering on Skype to friends all over the world And, of course, clinging like a limpet to the forum here
Thanks again xxxxxxxxxx
Old 08-30-2013, 10:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I hate this weekend but I am doing it sober and the only person who ****** it all up is myself so I just have to grin and bear through the ****.

It is fathers day tomorrow, not only will my kids most likely not see my ex husband but I hurt my boyfriend and can't imagine he will be spending time with us either. My actions have hurt my kids and I really am a **** mother. Oh well. Onwards and upwards.

I really feel I need to get an internet sr sponser too to help with my journey.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I just took a boiling hot bath with Epsom salts mixed in. Soaked and soaked. I can't believe how much that helped me!! Now I'm sweating that S##T poison out. It feels so good. Why didn't I do this before? My new word of advice...a HOT bath with Epsom salts when the going gets rough. It so soothed me. Going to town soon. Wish me luck. Hope nobody sees me, if you know what I mean. Tsk Tsk
Old 08-30-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Had my last drink on the 20th so that would make this my tenth day if my foggy brain is adding it up right. When I get past twenty days I'm gonna have a hard time counting (only ten fingers and ten toes).
Old 08-30-2013, 10:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My AV is starting to pester me! It's early in the afternoon on a Friday and the beginning of a 3-day weekend. Grrr! This is the first time it's rearing its ugly head since I quit 11 days ago...
Old 08-30-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by merchantsun View Post
My AV is starting to pester me! It's early in the afternoon on a Friday and the beginning of a 3-day weekend. Grrr! This is the first time it's rearing its ugly head since I quit 11 days ago...
Tell AV to get lost, you don't want to have to change your signature now, do you? By the way I like it and am going to do it myself. Good idea!
Old 08-30-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Fast forward the tape
Old 08-30-2013, 11:01 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Sorta bored again - in bed - again - dunno what to do - again - lol yeah - again
Old 08-30-2013, 11:13 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 13unluckyforsom View Post
Sorta bored again - in bed - again - dunno what to do - again - lol yeah - again
Have you read any of the recovery\spirituality books on the sticky list yet?
Old 08-30-2013, 11:16 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
Stressful day here at work. My mind tells me to go for a drink but I have a little bit more control of self. Day 3 today and I look forward to a sober weekend.

Peace to all
Deep breaths. Try being nicer than you want to, it's working well for me....
Old 08-30-2013, 11:18 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CardHat View Post
Already having people questioning why I am not drinking. This is pretty annoying. It's like everyone is a pusher! Why does anyone even care?
Their AV wants some company? I dunno. I would probably say something rude.