Notices

It's possible!

Old 04-28-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's possible!

Hello! So many new people here since my own days/ weeks/ months/ & now years I first came here! I want to let you all know you CAN recover! I am grateful for so many things today! I will have four years clean & sober in July this year!
I am grateful that my thoughts are no longer consumed by wanting to use! It's not even a second thought- I never imagined this to be possible for me! I "lurked" on this forum for probably six months before I became a "member"- so many others here had so much in common with me, I had to "talk" with them! There was ALWAYS someone HERE that I could relate to. My encouragement started within, but I could NOT have made it to where I AM today without the experience, the strength, and most of all the hope I was given freely here! Thank you SR, thank you to LBAD & Arura & so MANY others!
You ALL taught me that I was NOT a "victim." You taught me to step WAY out of MY comfort zone & take action to change, and so many other things as well. You taught me "keep coming back" & it works IF you work it! This is where it ALL started for this grateful recovering addict. Although I do not "visit" or post daily, I will never forget you! Thanks again- you are making a difference in many people's lives! For ALL of this- I am grateful!
Old 04-28-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting Lady Blue. You are an inspiration to us all!

Congratulations on 4 years in July!! Awesome.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Your an inspiration, thanks for posting.

I'm on week 2 and I know my life has changed forever. I will never put alcohol in my body again and it's very helpful to hear success stories of people like you that made that decision and put in the hard work.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Exactly!
Old 05-24-2013, 10:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Awesome hope to see u soon!