Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 10

Old 04-09-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of March 2013 Part 10

My internets been out for a few days - they've put in a temporary fix but it's likely to go out again....so I haven't really got the chance now to read now but I hope everyones doing ok.

we continue from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-9-a-25.html

D
Old 04-09-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Shotgun!
Old 04-09-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Old 04-09-2013, 02:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dee it's all out to get you atm isn't it. My internet was down the other week too while they were upgrading us to that new super duper fibre optic, back to the future style broadband, was worth the wait. Take care D!

Meh, you deserve it Mother Goose, nobody could begrudge you of shotgun victory
Old 04-09-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

OK, back to our regular programming.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

S.
O.
B.
Everything is
Real

F*** me. Sorry, that's just how I feel.
I now know why I drank. Dealing with sh*t on a fizzy water sometimes just doesn't seem to cut it. Lets just say the relationship I thought I had with someone looked entirely better through a wine glass. I have no where to run now but face the truth. I'm not going to drink but I'm going to do some serious pity partying tonight. Sorry my best friend is out of town otherwise I'd be bawling on her shoulders. It's nothing all that dramatic and really I'm just feeling sorry for myself. As the Buddha said, if you have no expectations, you are never disappointed. So much for my optimism tonight.

But tomorrow is another day. I'll survive.
Arrrrrrrrgh!

I did like the pee jokes though. That helped.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're struggling 360 and yeah life can be a lot harder to deal with sober than drunk.

I think it's worth seeing it through tho.

I really like being me now, and not hiding or pretending.
From what I know of you I think you'd like that too

D
Old 04-09-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

shoes, life's not always as pretty as it is through rose-colored eyeballs.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. I know that seeing it through is how it gets better. I use to always keep what I needed and my feelings to myself and now I just can't do it anymore. Or don't want to. It's a good thing to be able to tell people how I really feel as long as I say it from a place of kindness. Just learning it all again. I'm sorry I used naughty words but it sure felt good to get it out.

Trach, you are right as usual. Where's my word for the day?

I think I will pass on the pity party table for 1. Thanks for letting me let off the steam.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I didn't think I could get through today. I had thoughts of pawning my gucci purse so I could buy a pookie and buy a bag of dope. From who? I have no idea. I just want to use constantly. I have been clean for almost 6 months from drugs but had a slip of beer a few weeks ago. But it's been a slippery slope that I want to do more of a high.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

havent posted here for a few days
but have been looking at your posts
been trying to go to work out at gym every day and goto bed early
feeling good
trying to have selfcontrol with working out
puts my focus on something else
Old 04-09-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Shoes, thank you for sharing with us. While I obviously enjoy seeing everyone's positive sides it helps to see their struggles and issues too. I hope I didn't put pressure on you by mentioning your positive posts and outlook. I just seem to come on here and complain.

I'm in the process of facing some truths now too and it's not easy. I am actually turning to a counselor for the first time to help me through. Anyway, vent away as needed - I assure you we can handle it.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Shoes my skin was [unusually for me] breaking out last week but has settled down now.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Good morning all. Shoes my skin was [unusually for me] breaking out last week but has settled down now.
Y'all could have told me to keep fingers in ears and lalalalaing while y'all "shared" TMI
Old 04-09-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
Trach, you are right as usual. Where's my word for the day?
‎There once was a turtle, trachemys
But that was just his genus
He'll splash and play
happy each day
in his shell of well-scrubbed cleanness

Howzat?
Old 04-09-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by yestofreedom View Post
havent posted here for a few days
but have been looking at your posts
been trying to go to work out at gym every day and goto bed early
feeling good
trying to have selfcontrol with working out
puts my focus on something else
Way to go yesto, I was wondering how you were doing. Exercise definitely helps to tire the mind out. Take care of yourself
Old 04-09-2013, 04:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
He'll splash and play
happy each day

Howzat?
Thank feck you're back trach
Old 04-09-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I guess discussing issues with my new peach fuzz mustache is off limits now too.

Duffster, no pressure at all. It just feels good to be real. I need both too. The positive and the struggles are what keeps me feeling connected and also helps me not think about myself all the time. I feel joy when folks are positive and compassion when we struggle. I'm along on your ride too. The ups and the downs. the best part of being human I think. I know we can't make it go away for anyone but we can be at the end of the fire tunnel cheering each other on to get through it.

Marcher13, well at least I'm not the only one. I'll just look at the breakouts as maybe someone will think I'm a teenager. Hahaha.

OOCC, keep the Gucchi. I'm sorry you are having a tough time. Hang in there. 6 months is really something to be proud of. That probably wasn't easy but you did it!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:44 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
He'll splash and play
happy each day

Howzat?
Very nice. I'm learning all sorts of things about turtles.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
Very nice. I'm learning all sorts of things about turtles.
I got this guy(and his is male, i learned how to sex turtles) as a rescue animal. Some people found him and he had been out of water so long his eyes were crusted over. they got no help from the local cow vet on what to do with him. They called me for some strange reason. A quick bit of research and I put rescue into operation. In a few days, he opened his eyes. A few more and he could see his food. And proceeded to suck up food like a hoover vacumn.

His eyes never really recovered. He would snap at food and miss. He had to chase it around until he caught it. But he did eat, did get stronger, and thought my fingers were dinner.

Trachemys scripta is a native of Georgia. Yellow-bellied slider is the common name. You see them everywhere in the lakes and ponds around here. None are ever as clean as my little chelonian(new word for you, shoes) as they grow a layer of algae on them from inactivity. Basking turtles is what they are. Never happier than sitting on a log, rock, or bank in the sun. They are very close cousins to trachemys scripta scripta, a popular pet shop terrapin.

It took me four years to finally learn and assemble his habitat. And all he wants to do most days is swim out of it. I'm about to have to upgrade his filtration system to something that can handle the wastes. He's getting big. Big enough to make you fear for your fingers.

The crazy thing...I may never need another pet. These little guys live over 35 years. I'll probably die before he does. He's not a dummy, now. He knows his name. He knows when feeding days are and pitches fits for his turtle chow. He plays with the stuff in his tank(now a 55 gallon tank, half full of water) and watches TV(no, really). He'd bite you in a heartbeat but likes getting his tummy brushed at cleaning time. Right now, he's only about 6" long but could grow to a foot. Oh, and he "Romances the Stone". He's got a favorite rock that he likes to make passes at. I line his tank with river stones. He always seeks out the same stone to romance.

I think I'll keep him.

And that is the turtle story.