Notices

over the 1 month hump

Old 03-24-2013, 06:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

over the 1 month hump

Hi everyone! I havn't been here in a while, mostly because of work. But then I was having some doubts about myself also. But I'm happy to say that the depression has lifted and I am 39 days sober today! I did not expect my moods to be so crazy, but I had found out that it can be. I have done my homework on substance abuse and knowledge is power! So I suggest to anyone quitting any addiction to learn and learn some more. I have become a lot more spiritual also because I have learned to cleanse my self from the inside out if I want to remain sober. Don't get me wrong the temptations have snuck up on me more than a few times, but I have my ways of slapping them away. Weather it be with my prayer (my personal #1 choice) or music, reading up on addiction, or going into my tiny kitchen and baking. I love doing all of this and it has helped me alot. I've also gotten my self into shape. I'm trying to eat better and wanting to start yoga. My body swelled with a lot of puff while I was using (another thing I had learned.) And I still have digestive issues though they are slowly subsiding now. Just about a week ago I started sleeping real sleeping with dreams! Wow that was sureal! But I embrace them as part of my normalacy. But the downside is I have found a new addiction to energy drinks. I am so tired still and will drink 2-3 of them a day. I am trying to ween myself of them. But its difficult when my job is very physically demanding. I am off today and will try to just stick to my 2 cups of coffee today.
I am so grateful to have this site, without it I wouldn't be where I am today. I don't go to any meetings. I am doing this with God's help and Sober recovery.. Thank you all for being here Patbrat
Old 03-24-2013, 03:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go patbrat

D
Old 03-24-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

good for you PB, thats huge!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Good going, Patbrat!