My Story - pinstripe81

Old 03-05-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Story - pinstripe81

I'm an ex meth addict who has been clean for 2 years now and would like to share my story. I started using meth the summer before my senior year of high school (1999) before that I was only smoking marijuana. I got introduced to meth from my neighbor who lived behind me, I was at her house one day and she was smoking some meth and asked if I'd like to try it and I said sure. It was all down hill after that because I was hooked. I was addicted for 12 years after that and did just about anything to support my habit from driving dealers around because I had a license and a legal car, shoplifting, stealing from my family and even helping manufacture it. Well I got arrested twice for possession of meth and after getting out of jail for the 2nd possession charge was on supervised probation for a year. I continued using while on probation and was in and out of jail for violating probation. While on probation I went to a rehab for 28 days and was back to getting high 3 days after getting out of rehab. Finally the last time I went to jail for failing a drug test my family found a rehab that was 90 days and I decided that enough was enough and I was done getting high. I now have regained the trust and respect of my family and have made them proud of me.