# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of January 2013 pt 6

our last page is here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...pt-5-a-20.html

D
Old 02-27-2013, 12:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow first on new page. That's a first! Chin up blond sober and bounced at least you are still here and posting I believe in you x x x

Sat here this morning with poorly son sat on m lap. The dreaded chickenpox! How on earth do you explain to a non verbal autistic child not to scratch? It's bad enough with a (pardon he expression) "normal" child
Old 02-27-2013, 12:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope he feels better soon Lisa and doesn't scratch too much.

D
Old 02-27-2013, 02:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Day 1 again!

I wasn't going to post until tomorrow when I could at least have the first day under my belt but I think this way I can be sure of keeping myself totally honest. I feel a bit of a fraud even being in this group now.

Well, my lesson this time is that the relapse happened in my mind several days before the physical act of drinking yesterday. I allowed the space for it to grow rather than stamping on it right away. The change of location hasn't helped much. There is a lot of history from my days in London and I have a lot of personal stuff to sort out with my counsellor before I will be totally secure in sobriety. Trying to do both things simultaneously was always going to be risky.

I feel a bit like some pressure has been released and I can tackle this thing again with another weapon in my armoury. Sorry to let the team down yesterday. I will try to ensure it doesn't happen again!

Onward and upward...
Old 02-27-2013, 02:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lisamum, best wishes for a quick recovery from the pox for your son. I know you will comfort him, nobody can like a Mom.

Bounced, sounds like you have analyzed your relapse well, and know what actions you need to take to prevent another. You can tackle and win this thing.

Hope all have a happy, sober day.
Best,
W
Old 02-27-2013, 03:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Bounced you no fraud being in this group ((hugs)) you are back posting that's so great this road was never going to be a smooth one.

Blondsober I think our Dee said it already about finding ways with dealing with your children.

Lisamum hope your little one is better soon love him.

Nel I will look those books up been wondering what to read next.

Carlotta I would like the link I will find a way to pm on this phone my task for today.

Hope the rest of you are baring up and having a good day.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh, and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for your support too.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, going to be a busy day today, but want to say hey and check in.

bounced, thanks for sharing, I hadn't considered how long in advance a drink starts brewing. I remember walking half way to a bar and walking home, walking half way to a store and walking home.... what I can't remember is how long it was until I drank next.

Somebody around here says "I only have today." That's how it feels right now. I would love to sieze each day with some purpose in mind, you know -- a meaningful, lofty one that deeply defines me! But for now, I have to fake it. The alternative is a lot of wallowing and despair, and I don't want to get sucked in to that emotional pit.

Hope you're all well, have a day
Old 02-27-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Keeping My Eye On The Prize

Hi all, have not been here in a while, been busy with work and my business, as well as calling my sponsor and attending AA. The meds I have been taking are excellent, no drinking, no thoughts. Life is good, wish I had taken then 10 years ago, but 10 years ago I probably would not have had the will or desire to stop anyhow. Glad you all are still here for me. Keep up the good work!!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 2 Here, feels REALLY good. Each time feels better, getting back in that groove of no anxiety about how it might be altered in my behavior even the day after, or worrying about where the next day might go if the stuff takes control.

Bounced, like you said, it's a subtle multi-step process these relapsing - need to cut the urges and pre-urges off at the onset--talking to myself here!

Dee - yes, going to set up some fun distractions with kids and not have any supply around next time they are with me. Whenever there is a supply, that AV and those pre-urges just pull me involuntarily over to the fridge or the cabinet.

Great day to all!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bounced View Post
I feel a bit of a fraud even being in this group now.
Absolutely not true -- you've been truthful and open about your struggles and your honesty is refreshing. I'm pretty sure most of us in the class have had our share of day 1's! Wishing you strength in the days ahead.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good morning class I agree with all comments to bounced and blondsober, your back, your still fighting, hang in there we have your backs!!! Lisamum I hope for a speedy recovery, if you put a thin pair mittens on his hands would that help? Just a idea, hope he is on the mend soon,....Hope everyone has a great day, chin up everyone we have each other to lean on....Love & Peace Nell
Old 02-27-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Good morning Class

Blond and Bounced, I am so glad you two are back in the saddle and still with us. Please do not feel like frauds. We need you here, your posts have helped me many times and we are all in it together. We all knew what recovery would not be a steady walk on a pink cloud, we stumble, we fall and we get back up and more importantly we share our struggles so we can help and learn from each others so maybe I can avoid your mistakes and you can avoid mine.
Lisamum, I hope that your little one recovers quickly. I think I remember something about putting mittens on children so they will not scratch or something?? You must be so relieved to be sober so you can give 100 percent to your child's recovery.
Rosie, check your pm box.

I am in really good spirits, maybe a little too good. Yesterday I found out that I had a sizable tax refund coming my way. Of course I was euphoric but first thing which crossed my mind was celebrating with some GOOD wine, I could actually taste it in my mouth. Well, I watch Smashed instead then made a list of things I ll use that money for (reinvest it in my home business) but still I did not trust myself so I went to bed early. This is the first time I have a physical craving (funny in general it s the stupid AVs) and I rode it out but it means one thing, I need to keep being vigilant, I m not out of the woods yet.

I wish everyone a good and sober day.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi everyone - The sun has deceided to put its hat on this afternoon so sitting here just enjoying the little rays of warmth and happiness they bring..

Blonde and Bounced - glad your back onboard safely...

Lisamum -Hope you both manage through the scratching. Its a good thing though to get chickenpox crossed off the childhood illnesses list!!

Not much to report apart from the fact I,ve been feeling pretty lazy . Probably due to the fact my sleeping patterns are fairly abismal but gonna go with it...part of the healing process I guess..Just take and appreciate each day as it comes.

AV has been very quiet lately - it knows I mean business - so, saying that, thank you Bounced for your words of wisdom regarding relapsing beginning as a process..I am becoming more aware of the battle ahead with each and every day but I am ready and truely willing, like us all, to really kick a**.. and create better, happier, sober memories...oh yes!!!

Wishing each and everyone a peaceful day - Your the best xx
Old 02-27-2013, 08:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I heard about mittens to stop the scratching too. Fun bit waiting for his twin bro to catch it too. Oh the joy. Both kids need to be clear before preschool wil have them back! That is 1 week min or could be 2-3! Ahhhhhh noooooooo. We had such a great half term was really happy not to be sat home trying to entertain boys. Now doing just that with one poorly and one grouchy (recon he is coming down with it too) slap on cooling gel and aqueous calamine cream.

I have found I am really good at knitting those frilly curly scarves! I made 2 on Monday afternoon! Thinking of buying wool in bulk and selling them.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Morning class,
Blonde and Bounced, "strength shows, not only in the ability to persist, but in the ability to start over", glad you are back.
Lisamum, sorry about your son's chicken pox. Hope it's over soon.
Hello to everyone else here, hope you are having a good day. My plan today is to go for my walk with my dog and a friend, go for a bike ride, and hopefully start my kitchen cabinet project. Hubby found the sander in the garage last night so it should keep me busy for awhile.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

hey everyone. It's sort of slushy/rainy/snowy out and it just makes me want to curl up under a blanket and snooze the day away. That's pretty much all I want to do lately. I feel pretty low, just worn out really. Sometimes everything feels like such hard work, and I just need some rest. I guess I'm in the resting phase now. 41 days without a drink - amazing. No real urges either. Had a good long cry about the crush last night, as is typical for me I got more attached than I should to a situation.
Hope everyone is well, Alison
Old 02-27-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I met the most delightful person today. He is a french polisher who came over to strip, sand and refinish our kitchen worktop here (obviously he didn't french polish it but these guys know all about refurbishing wood!) Anyway, he was not in any hurry. He just quietly got on with a job that he obviously adores and was a total contrast to the mayhem that is going on outside in the rest of London every single day. He made me look like a right clot for getting into a state yesterday. A lesson here for me somewhere, I think.

Well it is only 8:30pm but I am going to bed early to make absolutely sure of nailing day 1. I am so pleased to be amongst a bunch of people who understand how insidious this whole relationship with alcohol can be at times. And I am grateful for a sober day today and another platform on which to build.

Day 2 beckons...
Old 02-27-2013, 12:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bounced View Post
He made me look like a right clot for getting into a state yesterday.
Bounced,
I'm always interested in expressions, and am curious as to the meaning of "right clot". From the context is seems like it means idiot, but not being a Brit I wasn't sure. Anyway, have a good evening as you move on to day 2.
Best,
W
Old 02-27-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AlisonW View Post
41 days without a drink - amazing.
Great news!