Administrator

Class of January 2013 Part 2

continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2013-a-21.html

D
Old 01-07-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Wow, you've all been busy, can't wait to read. Right now deadline still looming and miles to go before sleep.

I
Will
Not
Drink

Dagnamit
Old 01-07-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Tomorrow will be my first day back at work since my sober date. Looking forward to waking up clear headed and with some energy. One thing I have found is that for me, no matter how bad the insomnia, I still feel better waking up with four hours sleep sober then after sleeping ten hours drunk and passed out. Going for an afternoon walk now and tomorrow is first day back at the gym. Hopefully my body works right after being so sedentary these last couple of months
Old 01-07-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I had a dream last night that I woke up hungover after drinking a six pack the night before. I felt really bad about it and then I woke up. I took some diphenhydramine to help me sleep though and it tends to cause unusual dreams.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

NewLife, I for one am glad to see someone who writes more that I do. You go on with your sober self and tell all about it. Like you, I find that posting as well as reading others is extremely helpful.

JimJim, I was thinking about you on the way home. How you've said before "I posted but wiped it all out" or "I was going to post but I didn't." I was so pleased when I got the chance to read back that you actually did post a bit of what's going on in your head. Good for you. Sucks don't it, but it's better than the alternative of blurring the edges with booze wash.

Ok, back to work with me - hearty waves and heigh-ho to all of my January mates. I am sending good mojo into the universe on our collective behalf.

You know, I heard that the Mayans said a new era was beginning. Aren't we lucky to be the recipients of such positive energy right when we need it!?!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dee, you are like the Ghandi of SR. An excellent post to JimJim (and the rest of us).

NewLife, you can never post too much. I really enjoy your posts and your writing style.

To LookingOut and the other newbies, welcome!

Grindilow, I once looked up "celebrities who don't drink alcohol" on the Internet just because (1) I was bored and (2) I was curious. Wow. You would be amazed at the list, and it continues to grow. Even George Clooney joined the fray at the beginning of last year, though in his words he just wanted to "take a break, while I still can".
Old 01-07-2013, 07:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Just checking in because checking in is part of what keeps me honest! Day 5. I'm tired after a long day of work. Thought today about trying nonalcoholic wine just so I could have the ritual of drinking with my husband. But indeed that does not seem a wise idea--at least not yet.

Physical symptoms today included tripping over my tongue and my two left feet--it seems like I ran into everything! And, terrible itchy crawling skin.

I'm just wiped out so off to sleep, everyone, and peaceful dreams to you all.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the rap TN...I made a lot of mistakes to get this 'wise' tho lol....

D
Old 01-07-2013, 09:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

It's after midnight, so
1. I can consider Day 7 in the bag.
2. Time for bed somewhat like regular folk. Think I might actually try just getting in bed, turning off the light and waiting for sleep. What a concept!

Good morning to my friends across the pond. I look forward to reading your reports, short stories, songs and odes to joy when the sun gets over to this side of the globe.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Morning all, hope you managed some sleep Jim Jim. Good luck with the interview, try not to pressure yourself too much they're all good practice either way

Odes of joy Obladi? Lol I'll save that for somebody else... I'm still yawning at nearly 7.30! Set alarm for 6... decided switching it off was a good idea... slept very well!

I was surprised too TN at the amount of celebs that don't drink... maybe that's why they are successful lol.

So it's been a week which I am sooo pleased about, have a few things to do out and about today then back to the grindstone tomorrow. Well done everybody on how they are doing. I'll check in later
Old 01-08-2013, 12:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi All, I've not got much time to read everyones ost will do this evening but wanted to check in before I started my day.

I have college today I missed so much last term I really don't want to go today but I am forcing myself. I just hope I can make the 30 min drive and walk to the class room without having a panic attack, if I can make it this far I'm sure I'll make the rest of the day.

Stay strong my sober buddies x
Old 01-08-2013, 12:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dorris View Post
Hi All, I've not got much time to read everyones ost will do this evening but wanted to check in before I started my day.

I have college today I missed so much last term I really don't want to go today but I am forcing myself. I just hope I can make the 30 min drive and walk to the class room without having a panic attack, if I can make it this far I'm sure I'll make the rest of the day.

Stay strong my sober buddies x
Good luck Dorris, I'm sure you will be fine. It will probably do you good to get stuck back into some college work

I'm having a complete Aaaaargh moment!!!! If there was booze in the house I probably would have picked up by now. Bloody teenagers. Yes it's my fault there is PE on Tuesday, yes it's my fault that in spite of waking you up at 7 you couldn't get out of bed til 8, in fact everything is just MY fault!!

Sorry just needed to get that out... :/

and relax....
Old 01-08-2013, 12:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Start of day 8 so time to reflect about the past a bit

I have previously tried...

Only drinking at weekends
Not drinking at weekends
Only drinking every other day
Only drinking 4 days a week
Only drinking 3 days a week
Not drinking before 6pm
Not drinking before 3pm
Not drinking before noon
Not drinking before 10am
Not drinking at home
Only drinking at home
Not drinking on my own
Not drinking and driving (usually not driving therefore!)
Not drinking during January
Not drinking for a week
Not drinking for a month
Not drinking for 3 months (twice!)
Only drinking in restaurants
Not drinking beer
Not drinking wine
Not drinking spirits
Not mixing my drinks

and the list goes on...I think there might be a pattern here?

Congratulations to the "one week team" but mainly congratulations to anyone who is trying. This stuff is tough!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:59 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oh, and the keys on my laptop had been getting sticky so yesterday I fitted a new keyboard...I now take full responsponsibility for my typos!!
Old 01-08-2013, 01:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Oooo bounced, you gave us the Lament of the Tortured Drinker!
I dared not even dream of such a poetic wonder!

It's not a sweet song, but I know the words by heart.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:58 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bounced View Post

Not drinking at weekends
Not drinking before 6pm
Not drinking before 3pm
Not drinking before noon
Not drinking before 10am
Not drinking at home
Only drinking at home
Not drinking on my own
Not drinking for a week
Not drinking for a month
Not drinking beer
Not drinking wine
Not drinking spirits
Not mixing my drinks
That made me laugh. I think i tried it all!
I also had other stuff like... Only spending 20 dollars a week on drinks, 30 dollars a week, 50 dollars a week, 10 dollars a day...

Dorris, it is good to be busy and then feel that you had an actually productive day.

Have a great day everyone! Time for me to head to bed and then wake up to my day 4.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:01 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Tuesday night, Day 8 here in Aus. So agree with you, bounced, about the anti-climax of reaching a milestone. Started out really positive today but, like you Jimjim, have the serious cravings tonight. Staying strong and it's great to be able to join in here. So determined to join NewLife and the rest of you when the bottle of champagne gets broken.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:01 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Feck I want to use so badly. So so so so so so so badly. Or at least drink. I hate this feeling so much. I want the physical pain to go away and I just want to stop thinking. I just want to be able to relax and think about nothing but feeling good
Old 01-08-2013, 02:06 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bounced View Post

Not drinking at weekends
Not drinking before 6pm
Not drinking before 3pm
Not drinking before noon
Not drinking before 10am
Not drinking at home
Only drinking at home
Not drinking on my own
Not drinking for a week
Not drinking for a month
Not drinking beer
Not drinking wine
Not drinking spirits
Not mixing my drinks

and the list goes on...I think there might be a pattern here?

Congratulations to the "one week team" but mainly congratulations to anyone who is trying. This stuff is tough!
Great post, bounced. I can so relate to this list! Yet here on Day 8 the monkey on my shoulder is trying to convince me that a drink or 2 can't hurt. After all, if I can go 8 days, I can do that anytime I want - can't I? NO, NO, NO!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:10 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midlifecrisis View Post
Feck I want to use so badly. So so so so so so so badly. Or at least drink. I hate this feeling so much. I want the physical pain to go away and I just want to stop thinking. I just want to be able to relax and think about nothing but feeling good
Hang in there, midlifecrisis. Just keep posting 'cos we're all in this with you.