Administrator

Class of December 2012 Part 4

Continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-20.html

D
Old 01-03-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey-o!! I'm first!!

Dee - something's happened to bananadan. I can't find him anywhere in the smilies list!!!!!! Wtf. I need that dancin banana to accurately express how I'm feeling right now, dude. I got the first post!!!! Well second, technically, but the first one after you! LOLOLOL
Old 01-03-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Check you out! And what a blinder of a post too!

(In no way is this a shameless post for the sole purpose of getting the second post)
Old 01-03-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think we only have a limited number of smilies at any one time? Bananadan may have been temporarily retired to make way for NYE smilies?

D
Old 01-03-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

or...you can't see for lookin' GFCO...LOL

the code is
PHP Code:
:bananadan
Old 01-03-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

HAHA I dig him!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Fdm

Hey y'all, I went to the January class. I'm ok. Slight slip, but caught myself and realized the trigger.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Class!

Dee - thanks for the links and made some progress finding a location. I was told that I could come in but there's no guarantee I'd be seen the same day. Nice! On the other hand, I have an appointment set but it's not until 2/26.

I'm hoping it's just a lingering flu but if things don't shape up soon, I may have to take other measures.

On the bright side, I received a training packet for a new job opp which is absolutely overwhelming. There is no way this could be accomplished with beer in hand. So, I'm studying like a mad woman.

I only skimmed the last several threads and thanks for all the good thoughts. :ghug3

Off to bed then waking up hangover-free with more studying.

Peace out fellow class mates!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Just checking in with my Dec. 2012 peeps.

Day 26 here and feeling great! Keep up the awesome work everyone. Will be able to pick up a 30 day chip at my Wed. AA meeting next week.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that you couldn't get an immediate appointment Cat - I imagine they're overloaded right now.

D
Old 01-03-2013, 08:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by cat1961 View Post
...On the bright side, I received a training packet for a new job opp which is absolutely overwhelming. There is no way this could be accomplished with beer in hand. So, I'm studying like a mad woman.
You're headed up...up...up, Cat. This is definitely good news. Keep us posted.

Hugs, Kat
Old 01-03-2013, 08:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
AA Member

Way to go, Charlie!! That's wonderful. Keep on keepin' on.

Kat
Old 01-03-2013, 11:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

morning all

Thanks for the present Bernie Did you sleep well.I had an amazing sleep for first time in ages,feel groggy now but better than hungover

FDM-good to hear you areok. Be happy and good luck in your new home

Mittens- sticking round SR is a great idea. Do you like reading books? I've read some that help with positive thinking and in turn cement me not drinking

Cat-good to hear from you and that you've got a doc app February will be here soon and hopefully it eases your mind somewhat.

congrats on 26 days Charlie

Day 28 for me. Month nearly over.I'm trying to focus on moving forward now,hoping days 30-60 are not as hard.trying to think of changes/building on what I've done.Suppose continuing eating healthily and regular exercise is a start. I'm reading about positive thinking and changing mindsets. I am concerned as got to 40 days twice last year,got hit with cravings totally out of the blue and drank for months.Maybe my nerves are psychological, I just don't want to be too confident. Has anyone else got to a month etc before and then drunk and feeling nervous now?
Old 01-04-2013, 02:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Day 8 here, and after two nights break, I re-visited insomnia and sweats last night! I thought I was through it!?

Anyway, onwards and upwards - not back to work until next week when the kiddies are back to school so still have some days where I can not be "firing on all for cylindars". Off for a windy walk on the beach and then back for some lego building and hopefully a better nights sleep

Have a good day peeps x
Old 01-04-2013, 02:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey all - new thread already? Moves fast - which is good, means we're hanging in together

See you all tomorrow.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:55 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone for the support. On day 2 here and feeling strong. Started looking at the SPCA for dogs that might get along with my BF's cat. :-) Boredom has definitely been hard on my sobriety - so a dog would definitely give me something to keep me busy.

Ready - I am an avid reader, so any suggestions would be welcome! My doc actually recommended one - "The Mindful Way Through Depression" - a lot of the techniques seem to be helpful with sobriety too. Sort of like the urge surfing. I did my first meditation exercises last night -I think it might really be helpful.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I imagine they're overloaded right now.
Overload is an understatement. The last several days I've seen on the news how the flu season is at an all time high in the States compared to previous years. On a good note, I'm not feeling so down as I had been the last couple weeks.

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Has anyone else got to a month etc before and then drunk and feeling nervous now?
I've gone for long bouts of sobriety and thought "why not just have a few since I've been doing so good?" Well, that decision didn't make me nervous but actually took me to a downhill spiral eventually.

Today I'm feeling good (well, as well as can be expected), but I don't ever have the cravings. Only on a few occasions that I was on my way to the closest carryout to grab some smokes that I thought of grabbing a pack but quickly changed my mind knowing it would NOT be a good decision.

I'm on a serious deadline with training for a new job and can't blow it as what apparently happened with the last gig while drinking. I'm sure all of us have experienced in our days that jobs, relationships, possessions, etc. are all compromised when excessive drinking comes into play. Although we think "we can have just one", that is never the case for a full-blown alkie.

Time for me to get my brain cells working in high gear.

Best wishes for everyone's sobriety and have an awesome day!
Old 01-04-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi all -- just checking in quickly before heading to the airport. Wishing everyone a great day!
--
Old 01-04-2013, 07:22 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I have yet another stinking headache - day 8? Really? I thought I would be through the worst of it by now! Feeling down and moany - sorry!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Don't worry Bernie,moan away Mine stopped about week 2 I think. No advice other than water/food/sleepreally.hope you feelbetter soon

thanks Cat.Its scary how we can be sober so long and committed yet then drink again.I can't do it again

have a safe journey courage

Mittens- I've got a couple ofbooks by Eckhart tolle about living in the present,letting go of the past and not worrying about the future which are very good,though a bit heavy.
However, my favourite is one that I saw recommended on here.Its by a Robert Isett and is called 'Think Right, Feel Right'.Its a few dollars/pounds on Amazon. Its very easy to digest,good for a beginner,like me,to this sort of material.It teaches you (not just tells you) how to think positively,have self worth/value and banish negative thoughts.I'm going to read it again when I've finished it