My Story- Masterscorpio

Old 12-25-2012, 02:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Story- Masterscorpio

Greetings and salutations to all.

You know I saw this specific forum and I thought to myself "This is something I need to post in" The problem that I was having was in the way of words. You see I am only 35 and honestly it seems that I could write a novel on my story. But I don't think I will, but I will share bits of my story and when you get to know me better, hopefully I will add more.

I graduated in 1996, and up to that point I had never really touched alcohol before. As a Native American I had known back then just how easy it was to fall into alcoholism. My Native Side of the family is full of individuals who have drinking problems.

My journey down the dark side started in 2001 I recieved my first D.U.I, I didn't learn much from that. As a matter of fact, the whole process in court went by so quick that I never had a chance to think about it. I simply paid my fines went to my alcohol class and had my license suspended for 30 days and restricted for 6 months. I got it back and away I went.

I really hit the bottom in 2004 when my father passed away suddenly at the very young age of 45. I suppose I never really came to grips with that loss and two years passed and in 2006 right before my younger brother's wedding I get my second d.u.i. I was on everyone's list if you know what I mean? I was the best man in my bro's wedding and while I sitting in jail I was pretty sure I was going to get left in there to sit.

But my family has always backed me, so it was no surprise that they got me out. I still don't know why to be honest? I definitely didn't deserve it. But I got out and definitely had some soul searching to do. I had one last hurrah for my bro's wedding before I went to court to face the music in June.

Luckily I didn't have to go to jail but I was placed on probation for 2 years and I was required to wear a alcohol monitoring bracelet (that sucked!). I had to pay for this thing and it was not cheap. 3 months of that deal, but I must say, that perhaps saved my life. I also lost my driver's license which is probably the biggest thing because trying to get that baby back has been rough. I still don't have it back yet. Money is the big issue. I just don't have 2 grand to spend on a Lawyer who specializes in this field.
The Past

The Present

Here it is 2012 almost 2013 and I still can't drive, but I am not as mad about this as many would think. I plan on doing the process again sometime in the first of the year (I hope I have better luck). I can't complain though, I have never felt any better about myself. I have my control back and I can be put in spots now that used to make me uncomfortable.

Lol, much to my mom's chagrine I am still not married yet (wouldn't be a major thing if I wasn't 35 years old). But I always tell her in due time. I am happy and that is the main thing. Hopefully I can meet the right woman at some point. Other than that things are good.

Well that is me in a nutshell. Now you understand the inner workings of myself.