Thank You SR Secular Connections

Old 10-23-2012, 03:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank You SR Secular Connections

To all the people who post on Secular Connections and other threads, thank you for being so forthcoming with help, information and encouragement to me and others who want to find a way to recovery that builds on their strengths. I came to this site a few months ago after a couple of months of sobriety. Although I was going along okay, there was a lot of information I did not know about the aftermath of quitting, and it has been so very helpful to have a convenient, kind and gentle place to come to read about others and their experiences. For people such as me who do choose to make this journey a private one, it is tremendously helpful to get answers and suggestions anonymously, but to feel the sincerity and honesty that accompanies almost all posts as if talking to a friend. The upbeat tone, can do attitude, power of determination is wonderful. Thank you!
Old 10-23-2012, 04:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Congratulations to you, Auvers, on your sobriety, and thank you for your contribution and your unique outlook, they are both very welcome. Best to you.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by Auvers
For people such as me who do choose to make this journey a private one, it is tremendously helpful to get answers and suggestions anonymously,
You bring up an important point here. This journey is an extremely private one for many...I have found that sometimes that is not respected. Those that turn inward can sometimes be led to believe they are "in denial" or setting themselves up for failure by choosing a more solitary approach to stopping their addiction..."you can't do it alone", etc...It's just not true. Anyone can successfully quit....with lots of "support" or involvement with others or with none. Everyone rolls differently. To thine own self be true.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

that's very well said, thanks for bringing it to light.