Notices

Oh no! Now I'm one of THOSE

Old 10-09-2012, 04:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Recovered

Oh no! Now I'm one of THOSE

I thought it was a fleeting feeling, but 2 months later I still have it and it's stronger than ever. I'm not talking about pink cloud (BTDT)....but something else. Maybe some can relate.

I am actually grateful that I was taken down by addiction. I could never have imagined how my life turned out. Before I got sober, if I would have made a list of all the things I wanted or thought I needed, I would have woefully sold myself short.

I look at all that I "lost"....career doing anesthesia, nice car/house/vacations/kudos, and yes, I used to miss them terribly and even mourn them, but I don't anymore.

I made a decision and that decision led me through the Steps to a psychic change/spiritual awakening and a life beyond my dreams. I say beyond because I never could have concocted it. In the beginning of my sobriety, I told my sponsor I wanted happiness, whatever that entailed. Now I am useful. I am an agent of a higher purpose...to be of service to my fellow man....and I am showered with serenity, grace, and happiness in return.

I never thought it would happen to me...just never thought. I am so glad that I became an addict. I am reading my own post and it sounds crazy. So be it. Addiction led me to the the door of my redemption.

Thanks for reading.

mfanch
Old 10-09-2012, 10:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Inspiring share ...thanks for letting us know you found the joy!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post. Someone said something very similar at my AA meeting tonight. Powerful stuff.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
instant

Thank you for the great post.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

I shared once in a meeting that I was grateful for the Addicts/alcoholics in my life - for because of them - I sought recovery for myself!!

A newcomer talked to me after the meeting & said how strange and she couldn't imagine ever feeling that way -

Now 6 years later that "newcomer" shares her e, s, & H and says she is so very grateful for the wonderful A's that brought her into the rooms that gave her new life ~

gratitude - for me it is one of the cornerstones of my recovery

congrats to you on your recovery journey!

PINK HUGS
Old 10-13-2012, 10:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am glad I became an addict too....weve pickled our brains with alcohol and our pickled minds remember what it was like to be a cucumber..and although we can never become a cucumber again...we can now become relish :-) Something a cucumber can never be. hehe