Notices

The Gates of Hell

Old 08-22-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Gates of Hell

I spent 40 years looking for the bottom of the pit I climbed into with the help of the bottle and when I reached the bottom I found the gates of hell. Fortunately the Lord had come with me!! and when I screamed for help like no one has ever screamed before. In that moment of utter desolation as the vodka and pills went down his hand reached out and he lead me back up out into the sunlight. How can I EVER thank him and praise him enough!!! I can't articulate that experience, it is a world of horror and pain and desolation just beyond words. I would never send even my worst evil enemy there!!

I know I was saved because I knew how to do it, I was told by a Doctor involved in alcoholism and suicide, the sure fire way!! But i was saved and here I am!!
Old 08-22-2012, 05:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome aboard mend

and grateful i climbed up and out of the abyss too
Old 08-23-2012, 02:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
instant

Thank you for your post Medipman- and your salvation, every miracle enhances all our lives
Old 08-27-2012, 11:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

remember the serenity prayer
Old 09-24-2012, 11:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The 3rd step prayer really helps me. to relieve me from bondage of thy self. 4th addition, pg.63 in the BB of AA.I didn't have a drinking problem..I had a thinking problem and when I did things my way, it never worked..Just sucked me into the abyss deeper. I knew I had to stop but couldn't..I was so out of control with my drinking. Using the revolving door, I prayed for the door to stay open..consequenses weren't enough to stop me..Having to be forced to get sober has made me realize it is so much better than being void and very close to death.It was at my door knocking loud.
Always be careful of what you ask for...it usually happens in my case. I prayed for sobriety and it was given to me. 6 dui's later and the 6th being a felony because it is, 6 in a 20 year period, and having to be faced with prison for the first time, but willing to accept my consequences has made me very grateful. I'm just so glad I never killed anyone drinking and driving. I was killing myself. It's my choice now to work for it, moment by moment, day by day. I am truely grateful for being sober, just for today. I have the destruction of my disease and the crash site of my insanity to clean up, but very grateful I can do it sober..This is a life and death situation. Life isn't easy and reality(although as hard as it may seem) is so much better, sober..

I am also grateful for the younger people that are sober. I'm so grateful they are getting what it takes at a young age..I wish I did..I never thought I would be where I am at my age.

I can't, WE can, just for today!

I'm where I need to be and have gone through what I needed to, to get here.