Doing pretty darn well!?

Old 08-17-2012, 08:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Doing pretty darn well!?

I really wanted to post to tell you amazing people that you have really helped me so much. I really embraced AVRT the second I read it and SR is a powerful support. It's been five days of sobriety, I realize that's not much but it's a lot for me. I feel comfortable. I read here every day and it is keeping me focused. I am not going to pretend there is some nagging fear but I'm not sure what it is exactly. I don't want to fail perhaps. On the other hand I feel like I understand the problem for the first time. I know that I have free will, I know that I have control, I know that I am not powerless. I can move on from this. I am currently on vacation with my family. We are in the mountains at the same location my family has been going for 60 years. I've been coming along for a lot of them and I believe this is the best one yet. Just a note to tell you that you are changing my life!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

This is great news you have to share, Pigtails, that you are doing so very very well. I think we all understand your YIPPEEEE feeling, there are only one or two events in my life that have ever made me feel like that.

That nagging doubt and fear that you could possibly fail is your addiction whining. Things are looking pretty grim for it now since those old lies are just not doing the trick any longer. This will definitely be the best family do for you ever for the simple reason that you will be present, not drunk, or wanting to get drunk, or worried about being drunk. You will be you, no booze, just you.

There is only one person who can take any credit for changing your life, you might know her, she wears her hair kinda funny. Best to you!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What a great post, pumpkin!

But actually, you are changing your life. And that's awesome to see.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is what it is all about. I'm digging the positive. Congrats on 5 days. Keep posting.