Hello again, it's been a long time

Old 08-16-2012, 03:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Hello again, it's been a long time

Hi everyone. I haven't been on in a long time. The board got so quiet it didn't seem like it did me much good. But thought I'd check in.

Things have been rough lately in terms of work. It's been getting worse, I almost got fired this week. Some of it was mistakes I made, some of it was blatant lies, some of it was just luck of the draw.

I am also finally getting on some anti-depressants, after years of hemming and hawing about it. I just started Zoloft 2 days ago and I feel like I'm high on meth right now, it's AWFUL, I'm spun out. I don't think this one is going to do the trick for me, but maybe another med will. I was driving home after the big blow-out at work where I almost got fired and thinking about how I could kill myself by driving off this bridge, etc. I wasn't going to actually do it, but it scared me that the thought was there. Made a doctor's appointment and here we go trying to decide on which medication will work. I have been crying a lot too, for no real reason. Tired of it.

Anyway... so yeah, kind of a rough patch. I hope everyone else is doing much better.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

It is great to see you back here, gneiss, I only wish it were under better circumstances, but you are most welcome all the same.

Fantasies of suicide are big warning signs and the fact you had one is most certainly disturbing. I am happy to hear that you are being strong and proactive, engaging your Dr. quickly. You know that there are trained people who you can talk to, I am sure you do, at any time of day or night.

I take anti D medications too, and it may take a while to find the right mix and dose for you, so stick with it. A therapist or social worker to talk with on a regular basis is an excellent idea too.

I hope your rough patch smooths out soon, gneiss, and in the meanwhile, please rely on SR for the support you provided to others in the past. Best to you.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Hi gneiss,

That's awesome advice from freshstart. Nothing for me to add. I too welcome you and hope things improve for you ASAP. Best to you.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time, gneiss.

I, too, tried Zoloft, and while it is a wonder drug for some, it was not the right one for me, either. However, my therapist got me on one that really helped and I've never looked back! What a difference in my life!!

There are a lot of different drugs out there and with your Dr.'s help, you surely will find
one that works for you!

Best of Luck
~Ajax
Old 08-16-2012, 08:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi, gneiss. I'm sorry you're having a rough go of it lately. The fact you're here and talking to your doctor makes me think things are starting to look up already. I think there's a lot of wisdom in freshstart's post. I'll hope you will post again tomorrow.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Thanks everyone. I'm doing a little better now. I basically slept most of yesterday and today. Still stressing about work, my boss told me that, while I'm not fired and he has no intention of getting rid of me, his boss is ready to let me go. So he said it's not a bad idea to start looking for a new job, just in case things continue not to go well.

Doctor put me on a different med, so hopefully that will help. I don't think my problems at work and my problems in my head are entirely unrelated, so hopefully everything will start to improve.