Notices

Went to the ER for help, they almost killed me

Old 07-21-2012, 08:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Went to the ER for help, they almost killed me

Im going to try to make this short since I am very ill but I have a few other posts about alcoholism.. last weekend I drank a few beers and woke up with bruises all over my body and memory loss. I have epilepsy. I figured I had had a seizure since it was 100 degrees that day and my ears were also ringing. The bruising scared me so I called 911.

I have been taking half .5 pills of ativan at work for anxiety only when needed. Im talking maybe two an entire week. I dont like the way they make me feel. Well, for some reason the ER staff immediately injected me with 2 full mg. I wasnt freaking out at all. They admitted me for 3 days and my memory of all this is shot but my mom says they continued to inject me with 2mg per HOUR ativan which is way too high a dose. I remember a priest coming into my room and thinking I was going to die. Then I was released yesterday and now I am detoxing horribly off all this Ativan. My ears are ringing and I am sweating. I live alone and am scared to go back up. Why would they keep me in this state? I have a bottle here but I want OFF this med and 8 believe drinking last weekend plus the heat and maybe detox caused the bruises all over me. Now my doc wants me on Remeron? I told him no more pills!

I have only been on benzos since Feb and have probably only taken 15 .5 pills my whole life. Thoughts on the bruises and all? They said nothing about liver tests. Thanks.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry if this is hard to read. I feel like I have no brain right now.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am so sorry that you are going
through this. Hope you
feel better soon.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back with us BBE.

I often suffered blackouts and woke up with unexplained bruises - even a few beers could do it- it could be as simple as a fall you can't remember.

I know nothing about ativan or US ER procedures tho I'm afraid.

If you think you have a case for malpractice is there some complaints procedure at the Hospital?

D