Notices

Funniest Step two & Three Exercise Ever!

Old 07-20-2012, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Funniest Step two & Three Exercise Ever!

It's the most humbling one, too....

This go-round, I have the sponsor I've been friends with for 20 years, so she has seen my story lived out, knows my patterns and all that jazz.

For steps two and three, I was to spend one whole month doing this: keeping my mouth shut whenever I wanted to smart off to anyone, and instead, wait three days to say it. If I still felt the urge after that long, I could.

Every. Single. Time. I forgot why i was all pis*y. every time.

Just goes to show that acting as if I trust my HP works. His will was that I see how much I try to take his place and run the show.

What unusual things were suggested to you that you thought "Wha? That's not in the BB!" which turned out to work really well?

ETA: Dagnabbit! Mods, can you move this to the step 2 area? *doof*
Old 07-28-2012, 05:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

He he. I think I might try this with Internet Posting. Every time I see a thread I want to reply to, wait three days... :o)

As for suggestions, "Get a less stressful job or ask for less responsibility". I ignored this, but ended up losing it anyway. Took this to help me see my own self-importance and how much fear, insecurity and compulsion to control I had in the work area of my life.

A great book was suggested to me by a friend: Celebrating the Disciplines by Richard Foster. Chapter on "Fasting" talks about how this practice helps us understand the mini-urges that rule us. Tried the 'Media Fast' a few times, no TV, Radio, Internet, Newspapers or Books for a week, that was interesting ;o)
Old 12-01-2012, 09:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Ha. I really liked this. I might give it a try!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My sponsor has advised me to wait a full day before saying (or e-mailing) anybody when I am upset.

It's so not natural, at least for this alcoholic, to have to wait to say anything, ESPECIALLY when I'm upset!

I mean, DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I THINK I AM!!!

LOL!
Zube
Old 12-02-2012, 06:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Originally Posted by Zube View Post
My sponsor has advised me to wait a full day before saying (or e-mailing) anybody when I am upset.

It's so not natural, at least for this alcoholic, to have to wait to say anything, ESPECIALLY when I'm upset!

I mean, DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I THINK I AM!!!

LOL!
Zube
So true!
Old 12-15-2012, 05:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My ex-sponsor said the same and trained me pretty good and it worked! I was a fireball to say the least. Get me fired up and I'd let you have it. I would hold the issue and if it still bothered me the next day then I had a more productive way to handle it. My new sponsor tells me the same as a reminder cause lord knows I need one.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

good suggestion from yer sponsor.
boy, hard to narrow it down, but the suggestions i have to take are the ones that get under my skin.