Notices

10 months no crack

Old 07-12-2012, 12:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

10 months no crack

Cocaine, runnin alround my brain. It says here your 27, you look like you could be 45! Words out of a song by Jackson Brown. Used it for the first time when I was 25, instantly addicted. Just made a new friend here and his brother is a speedballer, thats a cocaine and herion mix and it's a sad story. I never did herion but it is chemically diretly related to cocaine. Cocaine is
C17H21NO4, herion is C21H23NO5, and believe it or not caffine is C8H10N4O2.
These chemical substances attach themselves to the Dopemine reuptake receptor in the brain and nervous system. Dopamine C8H11NO2 plays a major role in the brain system that is responsible for reward-driven learning. Every type of reward that has been studied increases the level of dopamine transmission in the brain, and a variety of highly addictive drugs, including stimulants such as cocaine and methamphetamine, act directly on the dopamine system. Dopamine is produced by the body and it is one of the neurotransmitters that makes you happy, or more correctly satisfied. Anyway, it definitely made me satisfied, to the exclusion of everything else for 32 years. There is so much going on in the human body that is not under "conscious" control of the individual, I no longer have any doubts that addiction is a disease. More to come.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recoveringed

10 months off of crack is great Michael! Do you use/have you used other substances since then or do you just mean to say you're clean? It sounds like you want to keep growing, which is wonderful. I wish you the very best on your journey
Old 07-13-2012, 07:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Originally Posted by KnowHope View Post
10 months off of crack is great Michael! Do you use/have you used other substances since then or do you just mean to say you're clean? It sounds like you want to keep growing, which is wonderful. I wish you the very best on your journey
On July the 10th 2010 in my 1st AA meeting I made a commitment to give up all my bad habits. Quitting cigarettes lasted while I was in the meeting, but now it's been 38 days since I've smoked one. Not smoking crack lasted a week or so and I struggled with it until 9-11-2011 the day I became a member of SoberRecovery.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((Michael)) - Congratulations!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-13-2012, 05:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Awesome Michael!

And thanks for the op....looking forward to "more to come"
Old 07-13-2012, 07:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 10 months !!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2012, 01:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats!!! This is inspiring to me thank you.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Gets to that point where you know you just have to give up the drugs/drinking whatever.
They work for awhile and you know it's phony, but right now feeling good even though you know the price that is either being paid or is going to be paid. You just know in the long run time is short.
I had a bout with coke/crack back in the latter 80's. I look back on those days now with disbelief of the things I did and places I went to accomplish getting that high. Then to only get into pain pills latter on. Dealing with withdrawals. Life as an addict takes a beating before you get it. Good Luck and at least your on the right trail, trying to get off of it. Best to you