Notices

Grateful.... (garage renovated)

Old 07-07-2012, 09:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Grateful.... (garage renovated)

Grateful for perseverance via recovery.
Being able to start a challenging job, stick-with-it and finish without any reward other than improving my skills and becoming more grateful.
Just out of high school (drop-out) I had worked many temp jobs helping skilled workers, I hated it back then, but am very glad to remember some of the things I had learned. Learned a lot from my father as well.

The only professional I called-in was ... me.

Our garage after patching rotted panels, trim boards, 2x4s, etc... (it looked terrible! )
and painting (I love the way the colors go together);
Sherwin Williams - Canyon Clay, Classic light buff & Khaki Shade.

(Still have to put a fence back in on the right.)
Old 07-08-2012, 08:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It looks incredible!
Thank you for posting this, I am struggling with many overwhelming tasks and have been trying to figure out how to get them done.

I don't believe in coincedence
Old 07-09-2012, 07:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

Thank you Kari (& all)
The garage took me about five weeks. I never would've completed something like this back in my drinking days, I would've put all my effort into the job for one day (or one week at the most) then give up. The sequence of challenges have just sort of fell into place;
Sept. 22 2011 - Quit drinking
Jan. 1 2011 - Sober ~100 days, made it through a tough New Year Eve, Thinking about the drink.
Jan. 11 - 2012 - Mother got gravely ill and required 3 months in hospital and physical rehab. I had to take control of most everything at that time, no close family members around here.
By April (7 months) things started to settle down with her health and thankfully I was no longer looking to the drink for anything. ..
Our City's public works were finally coming around to replace our sewer line, which was in the works for many months. Just the thought of people coming into the backyard (in the past) would've made me run for the beer isles to drown myself, but I did my best to talk with the workers and help out where I could.
I got jump-started at that point and in that direction of fixing up things (garage & shed), that area looks soooo much better now and the dogs can't just walk right through the holes in the siding anymore.
<anyway, I need to end there, got a lot more digging to do>
Old 07-09-2012, 07:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow Scolova, you did a fine job!! I love the colors. I really love, how well you are doing.
You made my day friend!

:ghug3

Best Wishes To You!