Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Detoxing after another relapse. I'm new, so feel free to intoduce yourself and share!

Notices

Detoxing after another relapse. I'm new, so feel free to intoduce yourself and share!

Old 07-02-2012, 05:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Detoxing after another relapse. I'm new, so feel free to intoduce yourself and share!

Hi everyone! Thanks for reading!

Well, I came here because I feel like you guys are the only ones that could understand what I'm going through. I've been to a few NA meetings in my area but there seemed to be a lot of "cliques" (it felt like high school) and it didn't seem very open to discussion. I didn't feel comfortable sharing anything.

Anyway, I've been an opiate addict for about 3 years. I'd been clean since 1-1-12. I accidentally hurt my foot in mid-June, I thought it was broken so I went to the doctor to get it x-rayed. It was fine, just a bad sprain. He prescribed me Tramadol and I knew immediately that it was a bad decision to take them but once they were in my possession, all 30 pills were gone within 2.5 days. I messed up...

Once those were gone, my foot still hurt and I missed that feeling that I hadn't had in so long so I acquired Lortabs elsewhere. I took these for a couple weeks and then could only find Methadone. I kept telling myself I would ween myself off of them, but never did.

So the pills are all gone as of last night and I'm scared. I've detoxed many times in the past, the Heroin detox being the absolute WORST. I made it through that, and I know the withdrawals won't be as bad this time since I was only using for 3 weeks, but I can't help but be afraid.

I KNOW that I need to do this and I really want to, but I've had to drop all my old friends from my life to stay clean, and I need SOME type of support.

The doctor gave me Wellbutrin, Buspar, and Flexeril to detox.

ANY tips you guys have to make this process a little easier, please share!

Thanks so much!
Dana
Old 07-02-2012, 07:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DanaXO View Post
Hi everyone! Thanks for reading!

Well, I came here because I feel like you guys are the only ones that could understand what I'm going through. I've been to a few NA meetings in my area but there seemed to be a lot of "cliques" (it felt like high school) and it didn't seem very open to discussion. I didn't feel comfortable sharing anything........"I KNOW that I need to do this and I really want to, but I've had to drop all my old friends from my life to stay clean, and I need SOME type of support."

Dana
About NA: I can relate to the NA clique thing, and no doubt, internet forums like this one are great..but NA/AA is probaly the best real-world support that's available for the newly recovering addict..NA/AA is where you can find new clean friends and they'll support and guide you and be there in person or on the other end of the telephone when you feel like using. Just gotta shop around cause lots of meetings suck (believe me I know, I'm currently looking for a group in my area that does'nt suck), but then some are good. Good luck!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My problem is booze, not opiates, so I don't have any concrete advice, but I wanted to say good luck!! You've done it before, and you can do it again. Stay strong!
Old 07-04-2012, 06:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How you doing?
Old 07-06-2012, 03:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

icandoit12 - I'm doing very well, actually! Yesterday was probably the worst day of my withdrawal because I couldn't take the medicine the doctor prescribed me for muscle aches (they make me sleepy and I had to work). I've stayed strong, surrounded myself with only people who love me and would never enable me, and I'm doing things to get my life back in order. Mostly trying to find hobbies. Preferably indoors - it's 107 degrees outside. I'm doing it! It's almost over!
Old 07-07-2012, 05:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am glad you are hanging in there, and surrounding yourself with the right people. keep on working hard, it will all pay off.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Finally Honest

Hi Diana

Day 3 for me! Just some intestinal stuff nothing too crazy. Been a chronic relapser for years now I'm done! We can do this!!
Old 07-07-2012, 06:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Hope you are hanging in there-as you know those first couple of days are the worst. I was an opiate addict for 12 years-and tramadol was always my go to drug if I couldn't get anything else. Proud of you for taking the steps to get clean again! Keep us posted on how you are doing
Old 07-12-2012, 05:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
kiddo

I'm addicted to opiates, and in the last couple of months my DOC was DXM. Nasty thing. I go to AA as much as I can, as I also drink alcoholically...I find having people to talk to who can relate is one of the best helps there is. The group I'm at is wonderful, everyone reached out to help me soon as I got there and kind of went for the whole 'take care of the young kid' thing. Got a lot of support right off the bat, but I'd advise you to just keep looking around for a group that suits you