Notices

cannabis/cannabinoids addiction.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

cannabis/cannabinoids addiction.

hey all, i have a issue with cannabis/cannabinoids and im scared i dont have long to live..i always think about my death..because i know how much i smoke and its just a matter of time. rite now my chest is very sore.. and im only 31.

i switched from Cannabis to "legal weed (incense)" but this is no difference!!
in fact its worse!!
but i find it ALOT smoother than cannabis. the chemical/cannabinoids they use makes your heart beat faster than normal weed also..so now ive gone from pot to this stuff..thinkn its better but infact its just as bad.

i really need to stop but it so difficult, if anyone can relate or have any suggestions would be great, i dont know but sometimes i think i have a death wish, in 2009 my X left the state with my son and i havnt been the same since. i guess smoking makes me forget that..and i forget what reality is and thats just wanting to be the father of my son. i guess ive sort of given up on my self if u can say..
Old 06-30-2012, 09:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

From what I read here and in other places Richa the spice stuff may even be worse for you.

When I quit smoking weed I had to commit to a lot of changes - there were people I couldn't see anymore and things I couldn't do for a while...it was tough but not impossible - you'll find a lot of support here too

here are some aussie links

Treatment • NCPIC
MARIJUANA – A Guide to Quitting

Western Australia Alcohol and Drug Information Service (ADIS)
24 hour, confidential telephone service that provides information, counselling, referral and advice to anyone concerned about their
own or another's alcohol or other drug use.
Perth: (08) 9442 5000
Regional WA only (free call): 1800 198 024
Interpreters and translators: 13 14 50 (TIS) or 13 36 77 (TTY)
Old 06-30-2012, 09:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

^ thank you
Old 07-01-2012, 07:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

richa i know a chemist who use to take heaps of drugs and has now stopped but we watched a doco on that type of synthetic drug and its really bad. you never know what it is your taking as they keep changing the molecular composition so they can keep it legal and call it another name. he told me he would never touch it. i also have a friend who takes it and he has gone from a normal guy with normal problems to someone who can't work, is being treated for every mental illness there is, and can barely function.

get off that stuff now before its too late.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

First off, this fake "weed" has nothing to do with cannabis or cannabinoids. It is a concoction formulated in labs, and like another poster pointed out, constantly being changed molecularly to stay one step ahead of laws.

The pain of not seeing your son is understandable, but ruining your physical and mental health with this stuff isn't going to put you closer to seeing him. If you're really serious about wanting a relationship with him, you need to STOP now, and investigate what steps you can take in the right direction that will enable you to get visitation rights and be able to even start having a relationship with him.

I hope you quit using this stuff right away before you do any (further?) permanent damage to yourself. Hell, normally I'd say you'd be better off sticking with real weed over this manufactured poison, but since you are using it to numb yourself and not deal with the problem of losing your son, that certainly isn't good advice either.

Perhaps there is some kind of group of like-minded fathers who are facing the same type of obstacles as you are regarding not having custody or access to their children. They certainly will be able to understand what you are going through with the despair of not seeing him. Maybe the can provide ideas or avenues of approach to set you on the course of getting at least some access to see him again in the future.

Numbing yourself to this certainly won't do it.

Good luck to you. Please stop, and consider how it would be for your son to grow up without a father. If there's a will, there certainly can be a way.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It won't get any better if you keep using no matter what it is. The first step as I see it is to stop abusing yourself in whatever manner you can. I am not aware of withdrawal from chemical cannabinoids but quitting weed was only bad because I liked getting high and couldn't follow through on the need. Then there is the psychological dependence on numbing yourself to your life.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Have you tried an NA meeting. Give it a try, I tried quitting pot on my own and failed time and again I could not do it by myself. I went to the rooms of Narcotics Anonymous and I have stayed clean. I feel so much better, mentally and physically. I have friends in the program and I am back with my family. Google narcoticsanonymous for a meeting near you.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR cozman

D
Old 07-04-2012, 09:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by richa View Post
hey all, i have a issue with cannabis/cannabinoids and im scared i dont have long to live..i always think about my death..because i know how much i smoke and its just a matter of time. rite now my chest is very sore.. and im only 31.

i switched from Cannabis to "legal weed (incense)" but this is no difference!!
in fact its worse!!
but i find it ALOT smoother than cannabis. the chemical/cannabinoids they use makes your heart beat faster than normal weed also..so now ive gone from pot to this stuff..thinkn its better but infact its just as bad.

i really need to stop but it so difficult, if anyone can relate or have any suggestions would be great, i dont know but sometimes i think i have a death wish, in 2009 my X left the state with my son and i havnt been the same since. i guess smoking makes me forget that..and i forget what reality is and thats just wanting to be the father of my son. i guess ive sort of given up on my self if u can say..
Please STOP smoking legal pot. I had an absolutely horrible experience with it. Each time you get it, it's different than the last and you have NO idea what's actually in it. I had smoked it a couple of times in the past and the last time I smoked it was the first time I had any issues.. But I will never smoke it again. I felt like I couldn't speak and in my head.. I was convinced I was dying. Everything went black for what seemed like an eternity to me but friends around me said I was awake and fine the whole time. I told them I had died and needed to be taken to the ER because I thought I had a heart attack. They couldn't get me to calm down and I began to hyperventilate. My heart rate was extremely high. My fingers were tingling due to the hyperventilation. They tried to get me to eat something after my breathing got better and I started vomiting. I never even vomit when I drink normally. I could not stop vomiting. I went to the ER and was given saline and some type of enema to help control the vomiting. It was the scariest thing I've ever experienced in my entire life. You could smoke it 15 times and be fine but you never know what will happen each time you get something different. It's unpredictable and very dangerous. I hope that this helps you at least a little. I am not sure what advice to give other than that.