Notices

a kid I used to buy weed from died last night

Old 06-30-2012, 11:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a kid I used to buy weed from died last night

I wasn't close with him. he was 19. I hate to presume but a drug overdose is a solid bet under the circumstances. he was a genuinely nice person -- one of the nicer dealers I ever met. I feel lucky to have got out while I was ahead.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

I am truly sorry that he died young and tragically.

I can only hope that those who bought from him, etc...who knew and liked him will take warning and stop now.

Often the young think that there will be time to stop LATER.

Using drugs doesn't just expose us to the possibility of death through using, overdose, but very often to a risky lifestyle, dangerous companions etc.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((aNewEternity)) - I'm sorry for your loss. No matter what he did for a living, he was probably someone's child, grandchild, brother/sister, etc. who made bad choices. It could have been me or many of us here.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-01-2012, 12:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

just got confirmation that he died from a heroin overdose, less than a week removed from "successful" rehab.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm really sorry for your loss. He was at his most vulnerable point. Fresh out of the best thing that happened to him. I'm sure it was very tough for him to stay away from it all, especially being a dealer. But he's not in danger anymore, he's not suffering. Hopefully his death will impact the lives of others close to him and help them want to turn their lives around.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss. Stay strong, hun! You're right... you're very lucky.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I stopped in at his wake today briefly and said a few words to his brother. I didn't know the kid well, I repeat, but I'm surprisingly emotionally down about it. the words have been written far better than I can write them -- too young, tragedy, drugs suck, etc. yet the picture, when you meld it all together, into a face, a charismatic one at that, and see first-hand the suffering or at least emotional potency the situation propels at those around him... the picture seems new.