Notices

New and need advice

Old 06-29-2012, 07:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New and need advice

I have been trying for months to quit using for a couple of months on my own now on day 2 of withdrawing from morphines and valiums. It just seems hopeless and Impossibe.any suggestions o. What I can do to break this cycle I'm so tired and need help
Old 06-29-2012, 10:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
one second at a time

Hi Lostnconfused!
I just typed a huge reply to u & my kindle just shut off & lost the whole thing!!!! I was a deadly opiate addict & now have a little over a year - got sober with no meds so have lots of advice to give if u still want it. Days 2, 3 & 4 were my worst detox days - how are u? What can we do to help? Withdrawal help, starting recovery, whatever...just ask away. I know u hate this whole thing by now - I feel your pain. Don't give up! We can help promise.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I feel sick and tired but can't sleep. I'm tired of the cycle keep repeating it self I want to end it but just can't seem to do it I will take any advice that I can get
Old 06-29-2012, 11:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
one second at a time

The sleeping thing is terrible - I remember wishing I could be under sedation for the whole thing. I'm sober & still can't sleep sometimes, tonight for instance. I can give u detox advice that worked but I didn't do valium regularly. How often did u do those? Benzos suck to detox off (sorry, captain obvious. Lol) & you can hurt yourself if u cold turkey off them.

The ferry go round of addiction is torture. I did it for so long. Sad about your insomnia, but glad your still here!
Old 06-29-2012, 11:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was taking 3 or 4 valiums a day and then would take the morphine at night to help me sleep
Old 06-30-2012, 12:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
one second at a time

A doctor might be a good thing to do if u can - detoxing off those is hard but look day 3 already! So I didn't sleep for 8 days. It got bad & I did go to a doc who gave me Trazadone. Non-narcotic & knocked me out & less time feeling everything. I did that for a week & stopped it - made me feel drunk when I woke up. But a lifesaver for insomnia.

I had the shakes, shivers & aches really bad at day 3. Sounds stupid but the bath thing really worked. I took like 6-8 a day. Dulled the pains slightly & it kept me busy.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Originally Posted by Lostnconfused84 View Post
I feel sick and tired but can't sleep. I'm tired of the cycle keep repeating it self I want to end it but just can't seem to do it I will take any advice that I can get
The cycle will end if you don't take the morphine and valiums, but it's gonna take time. You can do it.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Withdrawal sucks, but it has an end date. Active addiction sucks, and it goes on and on and on.

Talk to a dr, stay here, drink lots of healthy fluids (water, tea etc) and believe those who have gone through it, it gets better.

Picking up again prolongs it, it doesn't really bring relief.

the thing that helped most in my withdrawal was NOT using again. No matter how bad it temporarily felt, not using was the best thing I did for myself, and ultimately brought the greatest relief.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
one second at a time

Morning Lostnconfused,
Get any rest?
Focus on making yourself as comfortable as possible & keep drinking water - get that crap out of u! I also had bad anxiety start around day 3 - worrying about everything to come. If u get sober things will get better, life will get better. Just focus on making it through this moment not all the other issues you might need to address. Anxiety was new to me & freaked me out but it went away.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
one second at a time

Originally Posted by Threshold View Post
Withdrawal sucks, but it has an end date. Active addiction sucks, and it goes on and on and on.
And on & on & on...lol. But I never thought I'd get through detox and when I did things began to change. Ifelt like there was a sliver of possibility of a drug free life & I hung onto that with my white-knuckled grip. I put myself through that hell so I'd remember it & never do it again. That & dragging my butt to meetings kept me progressing.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

The first few days are the worst with any withdrawing so just hang in.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I got about 4 hrs asleep. U guys are so right the withdrawal sucks. I really trying to get through them baths do help alittle with the aches but what can I do about the itching nausea and the hot and cold . Is there any way to Lessing them and how long does the withdrawal last
Old 06-30-2012, 09:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I got about 4 hrs asleep. U guys are so right the withdrawal sucks. I really trying to get through them baths do help alittle with the aches but what can I do about the itching nausea and the hot and cold . Is there any way to Lessing them and how long does the withdrawal last.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey. You will sleep better. I thought I never would. Im almost at 3 weeks and finally sleeping thru the night be thankfull if you get any sleep at all!
Old 06-30-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
one second at a time

4 hours is good! You could try benedryl for itching may help with sleep too. The nausea will die off - keep eating small meals & drinking water. Hot/cold, shivers, shakes - they were my worst! Take tylenol - you will think its doing nothing but it is. U need to keep busy at this point - anythingelse than laying around. If capable take a short walk or even better try a meeting.

Great early sobriety book - Get Up by Buckey Sinister. Motivating & funny. Favorote quote "My advice is simple: Get up. You're not going to get any better lying there. I know, it hurts), but you have to get up & walk it off. Get up." Check it out - he helps.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'll have to check that book out . Thanks every one for the support and advice.i been trying to stay busy.the pain and the panic attack are becoming unbearable and heart racing chills and ache thinking bout going to the er but is there anything they can do
Old 06-30-2012, 09:57 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

hey lost. glad to hear you're hanging in there. Stick with it, how many recovering addicts do you hear saying "I wish I'd never gotten clean"...many fewer than say "wish I'd gotten/stayed clean"

It's better on the other side.

I refer to it as inside out "chemo therapy" instead of taking a substance, that makes us feel ill, as treatment for something that would kill us, withdrawal is taking away something that would kill us, by taking OUT a substance. It's an awful process, but the end result is a better life...heck, the end result is a shot at life
Old 06-30-2012, 10:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
one second at a time

That anxiety stuff is no joke & I swear it got worse at night. They won't do much at the er for this kind of stuff. And going to an er would have sucked with the anxiety I think. Suggest picking movies instead...I would say to myself I can make it through this 2 hour movie & then another & so on till morning. If it gets worse u could try benedryl or melatonin - might help u rest.

It should start to fade soon - at least the physical stuff. The anxiety will be there but its like your being reborn & your body & brain are reacting to the newness. Keep going - its worth it, I promise!