Notices

If someone had the strength to do so...

Old 06-29-2012, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

If someone had the strength to do so...

Would pill really set you back to day one? Having withdrawals
and such... I know a normal person wouldn't become addicted that fast. If an addict were to take one, just for one day, and had the strength to continue on clean, would that cause them to experience withdrawals, even though they only took it for one day?
Old 06-29-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I found a pill and I am really struggling and I'm really confused. I feel like just this one wouldn't cause me to get sick. I have no way of getting anymore.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

I wouldn't think one pill would cause physical withdrawl, but it might get the ball rolling on mental/emotional cravings for more. Is one pill worth it?
Old 06-29-2012, 01:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ugh... I just have so much to do and im so tired. I know it would be stupid, but I can't help thinking of how much better I would feel if I did. I wish I hadn't found it but I have to admit it's hard to flush it down. Im having a bad day too.. Idk
Old 06-29-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Recoveringed

Flush it. One is too many and a thousand never enough. The last time I said "Just one more time" and seriously, truly meant it I wound up in a 6 month day and night binge that beat me to the core. Addicts have by definition lost the ability to control their use of drugs. I hope you will stay clean long enough and put in the footwork to discover how amazing recovery can be. If you're anything like me if you use even one more pill all bets are off, it's off to the races again, just progressively worse each time. So are you done playing with fire at the gas station, or do you really need to strike another match?
Old 06-29-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Alley, I have wondered the same thing today. I'm 5 days clean and having a bad day. Bad family news, we have been called to come to the hospital my father in law is very critical. It has set me off. I'm wanting to take something so bad, but I have refrained so far. Its on my mind and I can't get it to leave me alone. I know how hard it is, so if u need to talk I'm here. Its a struggle like none I've ever known. I wish u the best & hope u have beaten this temptation. Keep posting and reading it seems to help me. Good luck
Old 06-30-2012, 05:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

One pill, if it really truly was only one pill, wouldn't send me into withdrawal again, but it might well get me using again, which would definitely make me go through withdrawal again when I got into recovery again.

And one pill would make me crazy as f*ck for more...and put me through psychological hell. So I'd have to experience psychological withdrawal.

Not worth whatever imaginary temporary "relief" I am trying to convince myself it would bring.

I've been clean for months, but my boyfriend got his wisdom teeth pulled recently and I told him to hide his pain pills. Not because I've been thinking of using or anything, but if they are around, I can get stupid real fast.

Flush the pill.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

FLUSH IT NOW! Listen to what you are being told
Old 06-30-2012, 04:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

it would do nothing to you re: physiological addiction but may well kick your mental obsession/compulsion cycle into a higher gear.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You are just starting the process. Grit your teeth and forget about feeling better until you've paid your dues so to speak.

I was clean for many years and one pill sent me to hell for three years. You don't have the time in yet to have the beast anywhere near beaten. The very fact that you are thinking about it tells you where you are.