Notices

In a bad way right now

Old 06-28-2012, 05:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Finally Honest

In a bad way right now

So pathetic,

Day 7 no opiates feeling about 90% better(sure the heat is slowing my feeling 100%) and all I do is obsess about the refill!!! I mean my plan when I do get it is to have my friend go with me and flush them. Its just crazy how my mind works, I mean thinking about when counting the day still I can get it filled. It's frustrating and is affecting my mood on a Day to day basis. I've been to only 2 meetings this week, my job and my new fiancé really keep me busy.

Any suggestions on how to cope with this mindf*** that I have going on right now? Any esh would be appreciated! Thanks
Old 06-28-2012, 06:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 7 days of opiate freedom! Not to rain on your parade but me thinks if you are obsessing that much about your refill, there's a good chance you'll find a way to gulp a few. Not saying I don't have faith in you, just saying that this stuff can convince you to do some pretty counterproductive things. It's that powerful. Keeping busy in any way that you possibly can is the best way to keep the stale air between your ears from clouding the TRUTH. Tread carefully and stay strong.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

HUGE congrats on 7 days

My drug of choice was Scotch Whiskey - My Sobriety Solution of choice IS AA.

I had to put my family, friends, job, girlfriend and absolutely everything else as being less important than my AA meetings. Because without them, I wouldn't stay sober. If I don't stay sober, I won't keep what I have.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Finally Honest

Fmtt, Fred

Thanks! Thankfully I have a busy job to keep me occupied between 7-?? Most days weekends are hard but I'm notin withdraw land even got back to working out so I know that will bea big help feeling better.

Fred AA saved my life before I am looking to it doing it again one day at a time!
Old 06-28-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wantingit View Post
Any suggestions on how to cope with this mindf*** that I have going on right now? Any esh would be appreciated! Thanks
Believe it or not, Meditation is good for dealing with this stuff. Google it. Unfortunately theres alot of people in recovery who are unaware of the benefits of meditation but its a really practical and powerful practice for dealing with thoughts, mind-states, emotions, or whatever else. And of course if your really, really struggling, then surrounding yourself with people at 12 step meetngs (And actually talking to them) always helps! Good luck!
Old 06-28-2012, 11:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Wantingit,

I don't know if this is a possibility for you, but can you just cancel your script? I think you would be making you things much easier on yourself.

Good luck