Notices

Help

Old 06-25-2012, 07:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help

Ive never been thru withdrawl before n after what I've experienced so far I don't want to again I was using about 150mg of oxycodone a day then drastically down to about 60 mg then to 20mg n then I had to make one 20 mg pill last I broke it into pieces n as of Wednesday last week I haven't had anything. I've been taking Imodium n Tylenol for the pain in my back I have to appetite n zero I mean zero energy I guess my question to everyone is when will I start to feel better or should I get myself on a sub regimen
Old 06-25-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My first advice is to see a medical professional and be 100% honest with them. They can help you get through the W/D much easier than Cold Turkey. If you go C/T you can expect about 10 days of sleepless nights. The Physical W/D will only last about 7-10 days max. After that you can expect lethargy and depression. The most important thing for you to do during this time is to drink LOTS of fluids like gatorade and stay away from caffeine. Eggs lots of eggs and bananas! Take hot showers to ease the muscle pains. Most importantly, you have to understand that you are going to have a rough time but after day 4, every day gets a little better.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Someone plz
Old 06-25-2012, 09:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

While I cannot give you any medical advice, Everything I've read and heard about subs is the fact you are substituting one addiction to another. Let's say you take the subs for a month or two. Guess what? You go through the same W/D as you would on oxy. I've read where it may actually be worse than oxy.
The cold hard fact here is that you are going to have to endure some pain either way. You can W/D now or simply put it off for another time. Look at it this way. If you suck it up and deal with it now, in 2 weeks, you'll be done with the Physical W/D.
Like I posted earlier, If you seek the help of Medical Doctor, he/she can prescribe you meds to ease the anxiety and help you sleep. I speak from experience when i say that going the MD route will absolutely make life easier for you! Lastly, if you can get a GOOD 8-10 hours of sleep... It will cut your W/D time in half! But then again, you need to seek medical help for that solution.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've got meds to help with the anxiety it's the terrible pain I'm feeling in my neck and back when I started tapering down I immediately felt it and it's unbearable I've tried getting in contact with doctors the er and treatment facilities but they said I don't qualify for inpatient detox cuz I've been clean since Wednesday I'm just really looking for some insight and or advice from someone whos been thru what I'm feeling now and give me just a glimmer Of hope as no one knows what's really going on I'm too embarrassed n ashamed to tell the people I love
Old 06-25-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I, as well as pretty much everyone has been through this. During w/D you're going to feel like crap and have pain where you never expected it. Back pain is 100% classic symptom of W/D! It will go away in a few days. Have you had the blurry/double vision yet? If not, expect it. It will go away in 2 days too.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Insomnia has been my personal bugaboo after quitting cold turkey. I absolutely cannot handle and do not want anything else in my system. I will get addicted to anything so it simply is time to get it done for me. I agree that the Dr. can give you help but the only way the Dr. can help you is to give you meds. I think that is the basis of the problem in the first place. It certainly is for me and the singular reason I did not go that route.

Each of us is different but I don't think I have seen a post here where someone has substituted one drug for another successfully and remained sober ie.. subs for oxy.

The insomnia problem is universal regardless of the DOC. It is also individual. It can be a short duration problem or last a long time. For me it is beginning to straighten out after 51 days - and yes I have been counting. It was nice to have the initial W/D "done" after a few days but the insomnia has beaten me to death.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I just wanna kno if I'm through the worst of things because like I said I'm completely alone in this!
Old 06-25-2012, 04:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You're on day 5 of CT oxy? Yes, you are through the worst of things. Things should get much better for you very very soon. Hang in there.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank u for the positive reply have u been thru this that really makes me feel better
Old 06-25-2012, 05:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

If you're day 5, you've got about 2-3 days left off feeling like doodoo. The lethargy will persist for another week or two after that but the key to that is FORCING yourself off the couch and getting physical activity. It's gonna SUCK for a couple of weeks but the longer you just sit... The longer the lethargy hangs in there. The exercise will do you wonders. It will force your brain to start making it's own chemicals like endorphins, Dopmine, etc. Walking a few miles a day will absolutely help with RLS too!
Old 06-25-2012, 06:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mirror0815 View Post
Thank u for the positive reply have u been thru this that really makes me feel better
Yes, yes, I have. You're almost there dude.

I know you said you have no appetite, but try to get some healthy food down.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Eggs and bananas are your best friends right now. bananas for the potassium your muscles and eggs for the protein. Eggs also provide the precursors to dopamine production which you desperately need right now.
Both are very easy on the stomach too!
Old 06-25-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Mirror. Hang tough cause the worst of it is almost over. Remember this pain and try not to repeat it in the future...ANY use will send you back here.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:39 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Omg is this almost over?!?!? My heart feels like its going to beat outta my chest!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 07:16 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

What r some good ways to reduce this anxiety n slow down my heart
Old 06-27-2012, 09:13 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Lay down and do deep breathing. In the nose and out the mouth. Do NOT hyperventilate. Nice and slow breathing. While you are going through this your breathing and heart rate will most likely not be regular. Work through those anxious moments by breathing.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:48 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Ok so it's day 8 I still have diarrhea still feeling very weak n exhausted I have no appetite n the burning in my chest is terrible I have a weird sensation in my ears almost as if they're clogged n one eye is kinda cloudy my hands and feet are sweating perfusely haven't slept for more than a few hours at night I've been taking the vitamins but nothing seems to be working everything I read says 5-7 or 7-10 days for symptoms to dicipate my anxiety is thru the roof someone help plz
Old 06-28-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I was taking over 400mg of roxy a day and dilaudid,,,I've been off all pills now for 3 weeks,,,it really gets better!! Try to exercise and see about getting some multidophilus or a Probiotic to help your stomach...You can kick this,,,trust me! One day at a time...I took valium for the first few days,,but now nothing. Keep your head up and beat this!!
Old 06-28-2012, 09:10 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Did u do it cold turkey or have medical help I have a really demanding job that I need to get back to today before I lose it.