Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

All they want to do is smoke pot and convince me it isn't all that bad?

Notices

Old 06-25-2012, 06:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel like a prude............ I just don't get it....... I feel like the outsider...... I just want to fasten my head on here and say omg. Can someone tell me this is wrong or am I losing it? I have friends that just want to smoke and get stoned I mean professionals an then act like it is no big deal............
Old 06-25-2012, 06:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not again

Ambigous I believe is the word for the concept of this post.

1) I believe friends have common interest, if all they do is smoke weed and you don't whats the relationship based ?
2)They are professionals, meaning they have good jobs? And the weed does not interfere? I know people like that. I can not be one of them.
3) I assume you are in recovery and being that you "can't" participate you would like them to share in your beliefs? That's why I go to meetings, to be with like minded people.
Perhaps I should have started this with...conundrum.

Be well,
Larry
Old 06-25-2012, 07:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

My ex-boyfriend and father of my two children smokes. It is one of the reasons I left him approx 3 weeks ago. He has NO focus, no goals, no plans for the future, no motivation to do better, etc.....
I couldn't live that way any longer. He will have to choose to change for himself, I can't make him. I've tried for 14 years, it doesn't work. I am lost right now with what to do.......
Old 06-28-2012, 09:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know the feeling my friends were all pressuring me to drink the other day at like 2 in the afternoon. it got old real quick being told to just drink a couple of beers. I just kept saying no idc how "cool" they think it makes me