Notices

Really conflicted

Old 06-25-2012, 06:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Finally Honest

Really conflicted

Hey gang,

As some of you know I've been the typical on and out relapser, I'll get 6 months relapse etc... So right now I've gone 5 days without any norco and I really want to be done, but I have one refill left. Part of me wants to say forget it the other part say well start after this last refill. This sucks!
Old 06-25-2012, 06:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You say you really want to be done. I quit drinking alcohol. I really wanted to be done. I don't know what norco is. Some kind of pills. Have you been okay with the withdrawals. I had bad withdrawals. I tapered down for 30 days first. If you are ok without the pills why get more? It's great to lose a habit. It is very freeing for me. I wish you well.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You will not regret ripping the refill to shreds. You will feel empowered and strong. If you do get the refill, you will regret it and feel weak.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Finally Honest

Well if the refill was just on paper it would be easy to rip up. The problem is its sitting at the pharmacy waiting in about 5-6 days to be picked up. I am just torn up thinking about it, I need to get to a meeting tonight and find a sponsor!!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Finally Honest

So I got in touch with my dr and cut off the source, and asked if they would cancel the refill, they said just don't pick it up. Right.!!! So I think i will have a sober friend go with me then help me flush them so I can be free from this!!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good luck, I'm currently struggling with not calling the dope-man myself. Very tough but doable.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Finally Honest

Today is day 5 no pills. Source gone from Dr. And I'm going to try to not get refill, I have a friend who will try to keep me accountable. If I feel like caving he will go with me and help me flush them. Thanks for all your responses. Looking for a sponsor, hope to have one by the weekend!
Old 06-26-2012, 05:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Originally Posted by Wantingit View Post
Today is day 5 no pills. Source gone from Dr. And I'm going to try to not get refill, I have a friend who will try to keep me accountable. If I feel like caving he will go with me and help me flush them. Thanks for all your responses. Looking for a sponsor, hope to have one by the weekend!
Congratulations on the 5 days. You can call the pharmacy and your doctor and have the prescription canceled?
Old 06-26-2012, 07:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Finally Honest

Mike,

Thanks for the encouragement. When I talked to my dr,s nurse yesterday I asked for her to cancel the refill and she just said don't pick it up and it will expire in like 3 months. I was like sure all right. I didn't want to make it a bigger deal than needed, I already left a letter for my dr. Explaining that I felt I was an addict and need to no longer get scripts from him and to put it in my chart which he obliged and said that you for being honest with him and myself. So again if ifind myself wanting to cave ill call my sober friend go with me so we can just get it and flush them....prOblem solved!!
Old 06-26-2012, 05:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

great that you are making yourself accountable. that will help a lot. you are doing great.