Notices

Messed things up HELP!

Old 06-20-2012, 02:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Messed things up HELP!

Hello everyone i am really sorry but I messed things up BIG style I was 7 days codeine free and i made a big mistake because i was finding it hard to sleep I made the mistake of getting q bottle of night time cough medicine. The next thing I knew was waking up the next morning feeling guilty with the broken laptop beside me. To cut a long story short i proceeded to go out and buy a packet of pills and for the last 2 weeks I have ended up back where I started. I was doing so well and now I need to start again. It will be harder going cold turkey this time as I do not have the comfort of a week off work . This time I will have to do it the hard way. I would like to apologize to the people who followed my postings the last time and who gave me support through the 7 days. You know who you are. This time I am preparing myself for Monday morning by cutting down my pill intake as much as i can handle. I will keep on posting as the days pass and let you know how I am doing each day when I come in from work. Again sorry and all I ask is that you keep me in your prayers and maybe learn from me that going down the artificial route for lack of sleep might not be a good idea.

Yours as always gallybhoy
Old 06-20-2012, 02:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sometimes it takes the hard way to get you through. Keep at it. We've all been there. Good luck and stay strong. Day 1.....
Old 06-20-2012, 04:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Have no been on the 'codeine no more' site? I think it offers taper advice in the UK.

Get back on it and well done for what you did before and your honesty .

Wishing you the best

S
xx
Old 06-20-2012, 05:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that you had difficulty but that certainly can be the way it goes. No need to apologize to us. We are here for you as well as for ourselves. You need to be here for you. I guess you need to forgive yourself first and then just move on. If it's time to grit your teeth and get to it then do so. We will be here for you.

Remember as well that probably everyone writing here has fallen into the rabbit hole themselves more than one time. I would rather not have relapsed but did all the same.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks so much people for the support. I will move on and start again, I know I can't keep beating myself up and need to focus my attention on beating this addiction. As I said before I will start again on Monday and use my past mistakes as a learning curve and move forward and fight this with all I have got. I will keep you all updated as the days go on. Today was my first day in cutting down my intake to ready myself for cold turkey on Monday. i have to look at it one day at a time and with your prayers and support I will give it my best shot. Roll on Monday.