Notices

Sneezing, yawning, and constant headache...

Old 06-19-2012, 01:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sneezing, yawning, and constant headache...

11 days. I thought the physical symptoms should be over by now. Most are, but these problems still persist...If anyone can share an explaination for this it would be greatly appreciated. If you've been through this before, how long did these symptoms last for you?
Old 06-19-2012, 02:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Gee I don't know...sorry you are feeling poorly...
Old 06-19-2012, 02:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well, it's not unbearable. Just uncomfortable! Haha, it's a bit annoying to hear someone say "bless you" every hour, and asking if you're tired all of the time. When niether is a true sneeze or sign of tiredness. It's something that can be dealt with, but I'm anxious to see it move along.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I guess it could possibly be. Although i've never suffered from allergies...Some sites have mentioned these as side affects so I just thought it was related to coming off of the drug.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's just your body returning to normal. You should see some improvement in the next week or so. (remember everyone's different. This is just what I've experienced and a few freinds of mine as well) For the headaches, I found drinking plenty of water helped reduce them. Iburofen is good too if you can take it. Staying active will help with tiredness. Sneezing will go away after time. Antihistamine can help but then again it may make you more tired. Keep at it. You'll be fine.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sneezing spells were on of my last w/d symptoms to pass. Not sure why, but probably has something to do with dulled senses not being dulled anymore. Took a few months on that one for me, but they dissipate as time passes.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. The sneezes aren't fun, but I can tolerate them. What I really hate is the headaches. It seems like the only time I can get away from them is when i'm sleeping...but that should get better soon enough. Thank you!!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The sneezes, yawning, and headaches are all part of it. They will get better as time passes. My husband used to know when I was off my meds because of the sneezing! ah man, that is bad.. Drink lots and lots of water and the more active you can be, the faster your brain will heal!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've been trying to excercise a bit, but I must admit i'm kinda lazy! The headache left me today, so I'm very happy about that. The sneezing and yawning still persist, though...I'm learning to just laugh them off . The headache was the major problem, so I think I can handle the rest of it. Hopefully it won't come back! Thank you <3
Old 06-23-2012, 04:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm just over a month clean. I am still sneezing regularly. My insomnia rages on giving me 5 hours sleep a night. Tops. If I'm lucky. My bowels aren't back to normal either. Some days I feel the Loperimide isn't needed any more. Other mornings I destroy the toilet. These are my main physical symptoms persisting after a month free from opiates. I've just resigned myself to the fact that my body is gonna take a long time to get back to normal. Still beats having a dope chain wrapped around my soul.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Also just over a month at around 50 some days. I continue to sneeze now and then. Seems to always be a group of 3. For some reason I would always sneeze twice when it was not related to drugs but now always 3. Each of us seems to have been unknowingly presented a menu of withdrawal symptoms. The entre for me is insomnia from which I finally seem to be recovering with three consecutive nights with significant sleep. This week I missed 3 nights with no sleepmat all. What I am finally sensing that I actually have a mechanism for getting to sleep rather than the completely blank feeling along with the realization that I wasn't going to sleep at all.

In the end life is so much better without drugs that I thnk I can handle anything to stay clean.