Notices

DuI...Danm!!

Old 06-09-2012, 08:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

DuI...Danm!!

Was caught driving under the influence of abmien(+ traces of coke from night before), to top it....no drivrers insurance (this was last july and they just now mailed me the seamons.

This 2nd one..first back in 2004, so shoul I be prepared for a vacation or what?
Old 06-10-2012, 05:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((tjhook)) - Not really sure of the laws in CA but pretty sure you would be a guest of Dept. of Corrections for a little while in GA.

I hope this is enough consequence that you seek recovery. Glad you, or no one else was hurt.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 06-11-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

If you have the money I would find a very good DUI lawyer. The reason why is because driving under the influence of drugs is different & harder to prove than driving under the influence of alcohol. I think the state of CA is very hard on DUI offenders so you have a lot to lose. I have 3 DUI's & just recently am able to drive again.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

I'd take this as a gift and a wake-up call. You're lucky you didn't hurt or kill yourself or someone else. If you do go to jail, use it as an opportunity. Are you ready to surrender to recovery? You don't have to live this way anymore. Life gets so much better when we get well.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

A very good lawyer is what you need but also, a wake up call too. Here in Canada, they are really cracking down the "morning after" in regards to alcohol. Now roadblocks are set up the following morning.....

I hope you get well as life is too precious!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Abnormally normal

I see you're in CA. Just had my first. But know that for your 2nd its a mandatory 96 hr jail sentence. Which can be done with community service. 3- 5 yrs probation, up to $2800 in fines, 2 yr loss of license..or have a restricted one which will mean you have to put a breath tester interlock device on your car and 18 months of drug and alcohol program.
Get yourself a lawyer. I had an extreme DUI with a suspended license, no registration and speeding on a residential over 20mph. It should've been mandatory jail time, and he got me out of the jam.
Look around. Im sure you'll be getting those lawyer letters in the mail soon! lol
And cheaper doesnt mean better.

Good luck to you...
Old 06-20-2012, 06:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i cant help ya with the DUI. i can help ya with getting clean and honest. yer profile says
Sobriety Date
8/25/08

small traces of coke from the night before sound like that sober date is an illusion.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I get the impression that you're looking for some sort of vindication here.

I got 2 DUIs - 34 years ago - Laws have changed, for the better I think and once the alcoholic fog cleared, about the only thing I could think of was ... did I kill anyone, children, seniors? If you didn't kill, or maim anyone then you're fortunate. Keep using though and you will. DUI is not a joke.

I'm with tomsteve, if you believe that only "a little coke" is OK, then you need to look seriously at whether you want to be clean and sober. If you do, we can help.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by SteppingItUp View Post
I'd take this as a gift and a wake-up call. You're lucky you didn't hurt or kill yourself or someone else. If you do go to jail, use it as an opportunity. Are you ready to surrender to recovery? You don't have to live this way anymore. Life gets so much better when we get well.
I wouldn't take getting arrested for a crime a gift at all. The biggest thing I regret is getting caught & having to do the many requirements to drive again. I don't play the "what if I hit someone" game anymore. The best thing a DUI offender can do is to move on with their lives.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
If you have the money I would find a very good DUI lawyer. The reason why is because driving under the influence of drugs is different & harder to prove than driving under the influence of alcohol.
Now thats a fine example of accountibility. Just sayin....
Old 06-20-2012, 09:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
sobriety date 5-2-12

I wouldn't take getting arrested for a crime a gift at all. The biggest thing I regret is getting caught & having to do the many requirements to drive again. I don't play the "what if I hit someone" game anymore. The best thing a DUI offender can do is to move on with their lives.
The biggest part you regret is getting caught??
Old 06-20-2012, 10:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Just to clear a few things up.......

TOMSTEVE.....as for my sobriety date I have listed on this site, it needs to be updated. I have not tried to be dishonest I just didn't think about it.....simple as that.

FREDG....In no way am I looking for vindication (where did you get that?), nor do I think small traces of coke is no big deal. I have a ton of shame, guilt, and remorse for my actions. (this happened last September) I blame no one but myself, and thank God nobody was seriously hurt.

As for a lawyer, can't do it as I am broke.

I went to my arraignment Monday, and the public defender told me the toxicology report has not been sent to them yet, so they postponed my arraignment until mid July. Whatever happens is what it is.....I will pay my debt to society whatever that may be.

Thanks for all the comments.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Get a lawyer and fight this one.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by keepfinding2 View Post
Get a lawyer and fight this one.
Broke and can't afford an attorney.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

BTW.....ambien (sleeping medication) is some scary stuff. That evening I had taken 1 to get some rest, still couldn't sleep. So like a bonehead I took another, and twenty minutes later...another. Next thing I know was being in the back of a police car. I had blacked out and actually somewhere along the way taken a few MORE of those devil drugs. Don't know where I was going or why I was in my car.

Prime example of why true addicts have to stay away from everything.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:28 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tjhook View Post
Broke and can't afford an attorney.
Sell your car and hire one.....
Old 06-20-2012, 12:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi everyone...

Post were removed that detailed a specific lawyer with the way to
contact the firm. Others that quoted it are also gone.

Why?

we do not endorse nor allow advertizing on our Forums
and that includes your expereince with a particular legal group
Old 06-20-2012, 12:50 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

tjhook....thanks for coming back to clarify the situation...

Sorry to know it happened but glad you are taking the responsibilty
and certainly hope this will be yoour final go round with the system.

Prayers coming your way for recovery and peace.

Prime example of why true addicts have to stay away from everything.
A good thing for all of us to remember...thanks!
Old 06-20-2012, 01:03 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Originally Posted by stugotz View Post
Now thats a fine example of accountibility. Just sayin....
No matter what alleged crime we (as Americans) commit we are entailed to a vigorous defense. Public defenders & criminal defense lawyers help keep the criminal justice system in balance.
To the OP, do not worry you will get through this & will be able to drive again. There is a stigma of drunk driving that is very biased. IMO the most important thing to remember is that the consequences will end & you will be able to move on.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:51 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

No matter what alleged crime we (as Americans) commit we are entailed to a vigorous defense. Public defenders & criminal defense lawyers help keep the criminal justice system in balance.
To the OP, do not worry you will get through this & will be able to drive again. There is a stigma of drunk driving that is very biased. IMO the most important thing to remember is that the consequences will end & you will be able to move on.
Thank you, I am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

Prayers going out to all who still struggle with addiction.

TJ