Notices

day 4

Old 06-05-2012, 01:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 4

thats me on day 4 of being free from nurofen plus, I had about 2 hours sleep last night but as soon as my 6 month old daughter started coughing at 1.30 am that was me up and my mind was running around like mad. All the guilt that i had pushed to the back of my mind in the first few days of CT came right to the forefront murder!! Although my wife knows and is supporting me through my cold turkey I was very economical with the truth i.e money, stealing ect. I know that I will have to tell her at some point and that although she will have a bit of anger towards me it wont last for long. I know it probably is the cold turkey that is giving me these fears the anxiety and electric feeling I have just now is just making me feel sorry for myself. Poor me eh! after what I put my family through I have no right to feel sorry for myself. Anyway on a better note I let my wife have an extra hour sleep this morning as seeing as i was up anyway I entertained my screaming teething daughter agh!! It wasnt that bad I handled it better than I would have yesterday morning. must be progress. take care everyone
Old 06-05-2012, 05:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is definitely progress! The shame, guilt, remorse, will continue, but it gets better. At least you do not have to tell your wife that you drained your retirement of 38 grand and were buying 800 dollars worth of 30mg percocets! I still have secrets he does not know, but for the most part I have came clean. It is all part of the healing process. I am 112 days today off of opiates, it only gets better, just a matter of taking it one day at a time. Sometimes one minute.... Your daughter and wife deserve you, the healthy you!
Old 06-05-2012, 06:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yeh I know the thing is this is the second time ive messed things up. I also have another daughter who thank God I have no problems with my ex and i get to see here anytime. That time it was the booze that messed me up hospitals , homeless etc etc hence the reason she is now my ex. Not going to happen this time Gods gave me a second chance and im going to grab it with both hands. take care thanks and god bless