Notices

Bath Salts = BAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-29-2012, 02:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bath Salts = BAD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!

The topic of "Bath Salts" has been on this board before so I wanted to share this with anyone and everyone who has thought about using it. This is FRIGHTENING stuff folks!

Causeway Cannibal Identified; Fears Grow Over Drug Possibly Involved

Causeway Cannibal Identified; Fears Grow Over Drug Possibly Involved « CBS Miami

PARTIAL CLIP:
"The president of the Miami Fraternal Order of Police, Armando Aguilar believes the entire incident is the fault of a new drug trend that has led to similar incidents. Emergency room doctors at Jackson Memorial Hospital said they too have seen a major increase in cases linked to the street drug called “bath salts” or what is sometimes referred to on the street as “the new LSD”.

“We noticed an increase probably after Ultra Fest,” said emergency room Dr. Paul Adams, at Jackson Memorial Hospital.

In many of the cases, Dr. Adams said the person’s temperature has risen to an extremely high level, they’ve become very aggressive. Some have used their jaws as a weapon during attacks. Dr. Adams said the patients were in a state of delirium.

They were “Extremely strong, I took care of a 150 pound individual who you would have thought he was 250 pounds,” Dr. Adams said. “It took six security officers to restrain the individual.”

Adams said the extreme strength and violence of patients on “bath salts” has become a significant threat to all those charged with the task of trying to help those high on the drug, which unlike the original LSD is a stimulant.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

After reading this article and others concerning "Bath Salts" in the past...
My first though was, "If someone is compelled to get high - fine, so be it. But for the love of God find something else other than this monstrosity!
If this person was indeed using bath salts... Well, he deserved to be shot on the spot when you consider he was EATING another human being! What scares the hell out of me is the fact that there is a Convenience store drug out there that can LITERALLY turn people into FLESH EATING ZOMBIES!
Old 05-29-2012, 05:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Asap

Why 'bath salts' are dangerous – - CNN.com Blogs
Old 05-29-2012, 06:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Bath Salts; Brought to You by the Good People at
Old 05-29-2012, 08:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

are you talking about actual bath salts? I am so out of the loop on new drugs...So they are snorting the salts that I use in my bath? no way! crazy!
Old 05-30-2012, 03:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

LOL,
NO, these aren't your old bath salts. This is a designer drug that managed to skirt the drug laws at first. It was created as a synthetic cocaine but it went FAR FAR past that! It's basically a kind of super speed/PCP/LSD type of drug all rolled into one that completely rewires the brain the moment you take it. Most states went ahead and had them banned once they realized what this was. It was as if by overnight the cops and ER rooms were being flooded by people having psychotic breaks, etc. Police and ER personal reported that 150 lb people had the strength of 2 grown men.
The drug was labeled as Bath Salts for "Marketing"reasons.... Of course, your average convenience and other stores don't give a rats @sZ about what they sell - as long as they sell!

"WebMD Feature Reviewed by Laura J. Martin, MD
"Ivory Wave," "Purple Wave," Vanilla Sky," and "Bliss" -- all are among the many street names of a so-called designer drug known as “bath salts,” which has sparked thousands of calls to poison centers across the U.S. over the last year.

Citing an “imminent threat to public safety,” the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) made illegal the possession and sale of three of the chemicals commonly used to make bath salts -- the synthetic stimulants mephedrone, MDPV, and methylone. The ban, issued in October 2011, is effective for at least a year. During that time, the agency will decide whether a permanent ban is warranted.

WebMD talked about bath salts and other designer drugs with Zane Horowitz, MD, an emergency room physician and medical director of the Oregon Poison Center.

First of all, what are bath salts?

"The presumption is that most bath salts are MDPV, or methylenedioxypyrovalerone, although newer pyrovalerone derivatives are being made by illegal street chemists. Nobody really knows, because there is no way to test for these substances," Horowitz says.

Why are they called bath salts?

"It’s confusing. Is this what we put in our bathtubs, like Epsom salts? No. But by marketing them as bath salts and labeling them 'not for human consumption,' they have been able to avoid them being specifically enumerated as illegal," Horowitz says.

In October 2011, the DEA used its authority to place several of the chemicals used to produce bath salts under their control, and it’s likely that they will permanently illegalize the possession and sale of these chemicals and products that contain them. What impact will that have?

"Pretty much all of these chemicals will end up permanently banned," Horowitz says. "But it's easy to say, 'We've banned them.' It's something else to police them and make them go away. Cocaine, heroin, [and] marijuana are illegal, but they are all still out there. Designer drugs like bath salts never really go away. How people make them and how they sell them are the only things that change. People will abuse them until there's a crisis that brings attention to them, then they will disappear and a new drug will come along to fill the void."

Are bath salts illegal?

"You can find them in mini-marts and smoke shops sold as Ivory Wave, Bolivian Bath, and other names," Horowitz says. "The people who make these things have skirted the laws that make these types of things illegal. While several states have banned the sale of bath salts, ultimately it will have to be a federal law that labels these as a schedule 1 drug, which means it has no medicinal value but a high potential for abuse, and declare them illegal."
Old 05-30-2012, 03:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I pray to God that someone I know doesn't go back to that stuff when he gets out of jail. Before he went in, I noticed there were sores all over his hands from it. All the stuff I hear about it is really, really bad and dangerous.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

For the love of god. . .this is terrifying.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I hate how the news story associates this crap with LSD.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gordano View Post
I hate how the news story associates this crap with LSD.
Why are they associating it with LSD anyways? I read in other sources that its more similar to meth or cocaine
Old 05-30-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

According to the ER Doctors who have treated this, they state that Bath Salts have Psychotropic qualities somewhat similar to LSD and physical reactions similar to PCP (extra human strength...).
Naturally, I'm skeptical of anything the "media" has to say... But scores of Professional Trama/ER Doctors? Yeah, I'll go with their medical opinions.

Granted, When the media reports anything like this they have to sensationalize it for the $$$ but then again, a user turns up eating another LIVING human being... Well, you be the judge.
In the 50's the government used to put out propaganda films over 'Reefer madness" stating that pot could make people insane. Uh, yeah whatever... From what I've researched, this Bath salt cr@p can make you go insane...

From a medical journal.
We know, for example, that these products often contain various amphetamine-like chemicals, such as methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MPDV), mephedrone and pyrovalerone. These drugs are typically administered orally, by inhalation, or by injection, with the worst outcomes apparently associated with snorting or intravenous administration. Mephedrone is of particular concern because, according to the United Kingdom experience, it presents a high risk for overdose. These chemicals act in the brain like stimulant drugs (indeed they are sometimes touted as cocaine substitutes); thus they present a high abuse and addiction liability. Consistent with this notion, these products have been reported to trigger intense cravings not unlike those experienced by methamphetamine users, and clinical reports from other countries appear to corroborate their addictiveness. They can also confer a high risk for other medical adverse effects. Some of these may be linked to the fact that, beyond their known psychoactive ingredients, the contents of "bath salts" are largely unknown, which makes the practice of abusing them, by any route, that much more dangerous.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Heathen

I just watched an Intervention episode about this. Dude was really hallucinating and paranoid.. absolutely insane, so much so that after he detoxed he didn't get better.. they weren't sure if the drugs triggered the psychosis, or if it had been underlying in addition to the drug use. I believe he's now in long term behavioral care at like 19 years old (he may have been a year or two older..can't remember). Freaky ****.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by smacked View Post
I just watched an Intervention episode about this. Dude was really hallucinating and paranoid.. absolutely insane, so much so that after he detoxed he didn't get better.. they weren't sure if the drugs triggered the psychosis, or if it had been underlying in addition to the drug use. I believe he's now in long term behavioral care at like 19 years old (he may have been a year or two older..can't remember). Freaky ****.
On the topic of these "gas station drugs", I like to call them because they are often found at privately owned gas stations spread around suburban areas.
The paranoid psychosis was also found in users who consumed synthetic marijuana brands.
After JWH-018 was banned (main synthetic chemical for THC) companies scrambled to make different types. Hundreds of synthetics were made and sold to the public without any testing. Reports in Germany showed that a seemingly normal pot head 19 year old female had a psychotic break and jumped out a window.
My experience with Synthetic Marijuana was the worst I had delt with.
I used the brand "Space Cadet" when it was legal in my state. I tried a suggested blend called "Skunk 101" none of the chemicals were listed. At first it felt like I had just smoked a joint after the first "puff"
I thought "GREAT I'm as HIGH as if I smoked some dank weed! It's legal and it stopps me from shooting up!"
15 min later I was face down in the couch screaming and believing I was dying.
I had smoked marijuana for a long time and had never experienced this. My good sense told me to quit. I did... and the next three weeks of my life was an ever living hell. Constant vomiting, extreamly paranoid and so on. It was worse than any WD I had gone through. My heart rate would go nuts for a month... I couldnt make it up the stairs without running out of breath.
It's been a year and a half and I am still suffering from major anxiety problems that I had never had.

I never touched the bath salts, but last year a young boy who lived around my parts had a psychotic break will using bathsalts and it very much reminded me of what happened to me when I smoked "Skunk 101"
His father was a doctor and had him evaluated and brought him home. They finally gave him enough medication to sedate him. The second they went to bed he woke up and shot himself in the face. He left a note about "fear" and not being able to handle it.

It sounds like the bad guy "Scare Crow" got out of the batman movie and started making his own party drugs.

Anyways! No one is educated about this stuff. Since in some states it's still legal everyone thinks it's fine.
We really need to find a way to let people know how deadly the new stuff is.
These synthetics and "Bath salts" are far more dangerous then what we know of the normal street level drugs, because you at least KNOW that drugs are bad for you and legal issues are enough to make people stay away... but people will think it's okay if its sold at the corner store.