Update by me, for me, and maybe for you! :)

Old 05-28-2012, 08:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Always, Never & Forever

Update by me, for me, and maybe for you! :)

I wanted to quick jump in and give everyone an update. Not sure who's still all around. I spent last fall depending daily, if not hourly, on this site and on this thread. With the help of TU and the gang that was around then I managed to finally step away from the booze on November 5th. I'm going on 7 months now of not drinking and I'm doing it all by my fantastic self. I've learned the power of myself. I learned the importance in considering other people's opinions but never, ever putting them before my own because I know myself more than anyone else does, I am the one that will have to put up with the consequences of my own actions, it is my life and beyond consequence and coincidence, I am the only driver of my life. I'm also happy to report that I've gotten back into shape and have dropped 42 pounds since then! I remember being on here and reading about people who turned their life around and just being amazed at that and now I AM one of those people who turned their life around and it truly is amazing.

Thank you to everyone who supports this site and thank you to TU and those who helped me gain my footing when everything was upside down. Best wishes to everyone. Gosh, I miss these smiley faces! haha
Old 05-28-2012, 09:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have never posted on the Secular Connection but I seen your post and read it, so glad I did! It was just the inspiration I needed today... Congrats to your success! I am working on 5 months thanks to SR...Sometimes I think ...This is awesome I'm really doing this! ...Thank you again for your post, It gave me my dose of inspiration ...p.s. I ♥ the similes too...lol
Old 05-28-2012, 11:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you and great to hear from you.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-28-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

We do have some great smiley faces, don't we?

Thanks for checking in and letting us know how you are doing. It sounds like you are doing good on both the fitness as well as not drinking. So happy for you.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

A big Congrats on your sober time!

Originally Posted by DrivenHeart85 View Post
I learned the importance in considering other people's opinions but never, ever putting them before my own because I know myself more than anyone else does, I am the one that will have to put up with the consequences of my own actions, it is my life and beyond consequence and coincidence, I am the only driver of my life.
Very wise words, thank you, I needed to read that tonight.

The opinions and anecdotal evidence others offer is good to consider. I dose not replace the hard won self-discovery that it takes for people like myself that know recovery is an inside job.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It is a pleasant surprise to hear that you are doing well, DrivenHeart. You were one of the earlier contributors to the AVRT discussion thread, and the change in tone and demeanor from your first posts on there is striking. I would wish you luck, but I can see that you don't need it.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

WOW! That is great on many different fronts...mental, physical, spiritual. Hats off to you in a big way!
Old 06-11-2012, 07:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So true. We all have to walk our own path.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by donenow View Post
So true. We all have to walk our own path.
That's what I love about SR. We can walk many different paths yet end up at the same destination.