Notices

lyrica vs neurontin

Old 05-22-2012, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

lyrica vs neurontin

Has anyone else noticed that lyrica and neurontin really help ALOT for opiate withdrawls?

Also, I am perscribed Lyrica 300mg. a day by my medical doctor and my psychiatrist has me on 2400 mg. a day of Neurontin. I've been taking them both for about a year and never had any problems but when I went to get my Lyrica from the pharmacy today they claimed that they couldn't fill the Lyrica while I'm on Neurontin. They said the two were exactly the same medication?? What?? That makes no sense. This is a new pharmacy that I've just started using.
Does anyone know anything about this? I wonder if the pharmacy tech even know what she is talking about cuz i never had a problem getting them both filled at the last pharmacy I used.
I'd appreciate any insight or opinions anyone has before I call my doctor in the morning.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Google Gabapentin vs lyrica and you will find it. Lyrica is pregabalin and neurontin is gabapentin and they are highly similar drugs so your pharmacist is correct. Drugs come in many names but can mean the same thing. Oxycontin, oxycodone, percocet all the same. One Dr. gives you oxycodone and go to another and get percocet. Same thing it just happens to be whatever pharmacological salesman's pitch the Dr. went for as to which one he writes in many instances.