Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

31 days with no energy.. When will it come back?

Notices

31 days with no energy.. When will it come back?

Old 05-21-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down 31 days with no energy.. When will it come back?

Exactly what I said lol.. I'm happy some times and depressed alot... Mostly because my fiance is in rehab and I feel so alone doing this by myself.. In a empty hours

But anyways.. I haven't had any energy at all.. When will my happiness stay for good and when will I get energy? I just want to be motivated to clean my house or stay on my feet at work without wanting just one pill to pep me up

I was taking about 5-8 norco 10 a day for 2 years..

Any suggestions or help? I've tried the energy shots and drinks.. And b12.. Epederibg.. nothing.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What are you doing for yourself or for your sobriety. You need to get a start - somewhere. Find something to be passionate about. If you want to clean your house then do it. Take it in little bits and then feel good about it and maybe rest. If you are feeling sorry for yourself it will not help. Have you seen your physician. You may be experiencing depression. I am 18 days in and have horrendous insomnia. Are you sleeping? I get so tired I can hardly stand up but just go and do it. I asked for this and paid the price so don't feel I can feel sorry for myself or at least try not to. In the middle of the night it is hard not to when simply staring at the ceiling.

The happiness will come when you decide to be happy. Do you feel the clarity in your head? The clear thinking? The different way the world looks when not through a haze of drugs? Do you feel clean? Sober? If you do then focus on these things rather than what makes you feel bad.

If the alternative drugs, shots and drinks don't help then stay the hell away from them as it is just another way of using and putting substances in your body to help you feel better. They also can add a haze to your brain. Everything I take - even herbal "natural" medicines - go to my head.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I experienced the same thing at day 30 and had no energy. Exercise was a huge help for me. I didn't feel like exercising at all, and had to force myself out the door. Once I got outside and got moving though it provided an immediate boost. The best that I could do was walk through Central Park, but it still made a big change. I started sleeping so much better as a result of it, and it also helped with anxiety during the day. In addition to the physical act of exercising, the long walks game me time to think. It had been a long, long time since I had the benefit of a clear head and it gave me the chance to reflect on things I hadn't thought about in years. Also, it didn't hurt that I had a reprieve from the concrete jungle.

I never tried the drinks or shots so I can't speak to those. Coffee helped me during the day when I really need to get something done, but I have heard others say that it made them anxious.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It has been 2 whole weeks & it feels like years. I have the same no energy.
One day I feel pretty good - positive - the other days very alone, depressed, anxiety. I am having more bad days then good. I am trying very hard but it is very hard. Today I sat outside in the blazing hot sun & listened to some music. My therapist says music will change the state of mind & it does.
I do not like feeling so tired either. I have read that Norco abuse may/may not cause harm to the thyroid functioning & after my doctor did a thyroid blood test, turns out my T4 & TSH are not " normal " and was put on thyroid medication. I do not know if you may want to have that looked at - but it would be worth checking out anyways.
I was taking Norcos - to many for 5 years. I feel your pain.
I would suggest getting the tyroid checked. Hope this helps.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It takes a while-I felt bad about myself that I was still laying around as much as I could at one month. I didn't feel sick, and I could function-just no extra energy. Hang in there-keep telling yourself that you are getting stronger everyday. Somewhere between month 2-3 I started feeling more energetic. Not completely, but I could get through working and new job and dealing with evening responsibilities. It was gradual though, I am now at month 7 and I have about 80% of my energy back. I can workout-work all day and care for my kids and home at night. I am sleeping much better and wake up early morning usually on my own. It doesn't happen overnight and the lack of energy was always the reason I relapsed in the past. It does come back, but it takes time. Allow yourself as much time to heal as possible. I told myself that I abused these pills for 12 years and it would take my body a while to heal. You can do this!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for your post Sophia. I needed to hear that. I'm generally pleased with my recovery so far but the dang lack of any energy after 5 weeks clean has me kind of bummed out wondering "WTF?, where's it at already?" I do stay busy as possible but I have to continually push myself. Your timeline gave me hope. Thanks again.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The 5 hour energy thing helps me. I'm on 21 days... I found that my fatigue fed off of my depression. Just a drink of it gives me a better mood, and loads of energy to take on housework. However, I haven't had much caffiene in over 3 years, so maybe i'm just really sensitive to it. I guess everyone is different.