Notices

Am I going thru w/d again??

Old 05-21-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Am I going thru w/d again??

Would someone that has been down this road PlEASE read my last post and answer this question...I know we are not here for medical advice but my Dr says he does not know.
I wrote out the whole story in my last post where I believe I really screwed up and used some norcos for pain....and wonder if I am in w/d again. Please at least give me some answers as I feel so alone in this.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sweetie, different people's bodies react differently. For example, I abused opiates, EXTREMELY, for a few years, yet went cold turkey and never had withdrawals. I know people who are in recovery from opiates, take them (with their dr's knowledge of their addiction) for pain issues where OTC meds aren't going to work..some go through withdrawals after just a few days, some take them for a week, maybe a little more..no problem.

It's just hard to know whether you're in withdrawals or picked up a virus. Even though your doctor can't tell you, I am glad you've talked to him/her. FWIW, I quit opiates, got hooked on crack, and my dr. was pretty naive about addiction. He asked ME questions about it, but I had given him a thorough history of all I had abused, told him "if I ever ask for *** you had BETTER give me the 3rd degree on why I think I need it" and we held up both sides of our "plan" for the times I needed more than OTC meds could deal with.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-21-2012, 04:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can share with you that I went 8 weeks without hydrocodone once, then had two at a wedding with cocktails, and had withdrawal-like symptoms for 2 solid days (headache, nausea, sweats, depression)...hope this helps. But as Impurrfect said, we are all different. But if you are asking if it has happened to anyone else, yes it did to me at that wedding...I thought it seemed impossible to after just two pills after 8 weeks, but it was bad for 2 solid days......what I CAN tell you is it should pass quicker if it was like me...