Notices

Made it to day 31, but feeling blah

Old 05-21-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made it to day 31, but feeling blah

Yesterday was 30 days clean from a 7 year or so opiate addiction. I was not happy or excited like I thought I would be. I felt lack luster to say the least. Almost kind of depressed for some reason. It has carried over to today and I don't like it! I had such a good week last week. Energy was coming back, I cut the grass (push mowed!), powerwashed my deck, went to a Celebrate recovery meeting, etc. I don't know what happened all of a sudden. And now that I feel sad..what do I think about? You got it. Although that is not an option for me, but I can't help how my addicted mind works.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A man on a mission

Hang in there. From experience I do know how the massive mood swings can be.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((storm))) - Though crack was my DOC and there aren't physical withdrawals from it, the mental ones were tough. It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure that at 30 days, I was still feeling blah, angry (that I couldn't use) and overwhelmed at all the consequences I had brought on myself.

I didn't think I would ever get my life back, much less be happy. I did know, however, I didn't want to do anything that was going to bring about MORE consequences or take me back to that life.

Today, I have my ups and downs, but I have to remember everyone does. The dopamine (like a feel-good chemical in the body) pretty much takes a vacation when we take substances that produce similar feelings. Unfortunately, it takes the brain a while to realize it's not GETTING those substances any more and start making them again.

Thirty days is GREAT, but it's not enough time for the body to recover from the past 7 years of using. It does get better but I've read others in recovery from opiates and the lack of energy, sleep problems and emotions take a while to get back on track.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-21-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30 days Storm!! I completely relate to what you said. I'm 62 days off of opiates today, and I also have been wrestling with depression (and also anxiety). I did not have the "pink cloud" experience that others have had. Each day is different, some days are horrible and I'm really down with no energy, but others are much better and I can actually feel small sparks of happiness once in a while. It does take lots of time for our brains to resume creating the chemicals that we used to artificially give it. I believe that eventually our good days will outnumber our bad days, instead of vice-versa. Hang in there and don't give any thoughts of using again any power......that is NOT the answer!!
Old 05-21-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am too on day 31 and just not able to have any energy.. I haven't had any since i've stopped using. I've tried everytihing from energy drinks to b12.. When will my energy come back