Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Could this be the reason he asking for money every week?

Notices

Old 05-18-2012, 09:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I was looking online how inmates make their own drugs in jail to get a high/drunk feeling. My brother asks for $40.00 a week and doesn't really say what its being spent on. He is a drug addict and the only reason why I think he wants to get into a treatment center is to shorten his jail time. I have my doubts that he will get clean because the only time he seems really interested in doing so is when being locked up.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((SarahBear))) - back when my XABF was in jail, he told me he needed money to get out early, but DON'T contact his CO (correctional officer).

What I found out was he spent over $200 in food. I am an RA, I know that food can be traded for other things (though I never did it). I spent a small fortune on him getting the money for what I THOUGHT was to get him out. He got out, okay, he went straight back to using crack.

It was the beginning of the end for us. He never got another cent from me. I don't know if that is what he is using the money for. When I was locked up, my dad DID put money on my books, but I used it for food (which I shared with other's who had no support) and stamps, etc. to keep in touch.

I would be vary wary of what he is using the money for, but that's coming from both an RA and a loved one of A's.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 05-18-2012, 09:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
(((SarahBear))) - back when my XABF was in jail, he told me he needed money to get out early, but DON'T contact his CO (correctional officer).

What I found out was he spent over $200 in food. I am an RA, I know that food can be traded for other things (though I never did it). I spent a small fortune on him getting the money for what I THOUGHT was to get him out. He got out, okay, he went straight back to using crack.

It was the beginning of the end for us. He never got another cent from me. I don't know if that is what he is using the money for. When I was locked up, my dad DID put money on my books, but I used it for food (which I shared with other's who had no support) and stamps, etc. to keep in touch.

I would be vary wary of what he is using the money for, but that's coming from both an RA and a loved one of A's.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
I don't have have a problem with him helping others out. I also know whatever he is buying can be traded for other things. He is that kind of guy to help others out so it doesn't surprise me. Yeah, I don't dare to talk to any of the correctional officers/cops about it.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((SarahBear)) - the reason he didn't want me talking to his CO or PO is because he told me he needed the money to get OUT of jail early. Total BS, and it was $400. I guess he got out with what he didn't spend on food and headed back to the 'hood for crack.

When my dad put around $50 on my books - it lasted a month and I gave away most of the junk food to other inmates. Just my experience. When I was transferred to the diversion center, I was made to get a job AND pay rent to be in custody. Our "Sgt" in charge of security said "we don't WANT to make it easy or fun for you, here, we WANT to make it a place you never want to come back to and you make the changes in your life so you don't get locked up again".

Though I did have a short relapse almost a year later, I've never been back in custody and work my recovery every day to ensure I never will. People survive in jail/prison, all the time, with no money on their books. If you have doubts that he is going to choose recovery, perhaps it's time he finds out what jail is like when you get what they give you..period.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy