Notices

New to recovery; Old to addiction

Old 05-15-2012, 07:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool New to recovery; Old to addiction

Hi Everyone
Ok this is my 1st day on this website and what I hope to obtain outta this website is the best way to recover.(of course) So i've been hooked on loratabs for about 2 years now. A few months ago I tried quitting but the "paws period" sucked so bad and I didnt want to deal with it so ended up starting again.but this time I am ready for recovery! So I started suboxone about a week ago (just little slivers of the strip kind) but hope to get off that like tomorrow because I know bein hooked on that is even worse than tabs and also I just want to not NEED nothing.im plannin on just usin zanax to fall alsleep for the next couple nights for the rls.so what I would like to know is how long of a "paws" period do you think id get from doin only doin a max of about 2 and a half tabs a day for about 2 years.and are there any supplements out there known to work that makes the "paws" period less bad? Thank you for reading my post and am looking forward to reading your responses to my questions!
Old 05-15-2012, 08:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Btw if you dont know what "paws" is(i just found out there was a name for it myself recently) it stands for " post acute withdrawl symptoms".its even worse than the initial withdrawal because it lasts for MONTHS after you quit. Its that depressed no energy period.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My .02$ Suffer... you earned it. Things that come easy have no value. If you have to grind it out and sweat a bit you'll be much less likely to want to go back to day 1 again (by using again).

IMHO you're not going to really solve a drug problem with more drugs. You're not going to die from opiate withdrawl (you may wish you would), but you won't. Do yourself a favor and don't pick up another habit.

A million other guys kicked opiates before you and you can do it too. I found people who love a buzz like me but quit doing it in AA and NA meetings. I found my answers there and so did many men and women in whom I trust are being truthful when they tell me they found their answers there as well. I'd encourage you to check it out. Keep an open mind, and try a variety of different meetings in different towns if you don't like the first one you walk into.

Good luck. You don't have to do day 1 ever again (nor day 2, 3, 4, ....)
Old 05-16-2012, 11:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well I quit the suboxone today just used it for a couple days to ween off tabs kinda and now im just gonna use the zanex to sleep for a few days for the rls.all xanex does is make me sleep I dont get high off it nor do I like it to get addicted to it.i already know I dont need more problems.whats wrong with makin it a little easier on myself and tryin to find supplements with nutrients in em to make me feel not so ****** and feel healthier and better and normal
Old 05-16-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on making the decision to take your life back. I wish you lots of luck.