Notices

Sticking with it!

Old 05-12-2012, 09:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sticking with it!

Finished day 9 without oxy or anything else and getting along. I feel so much better but some sleep would help. I think the insomnia is getting better as I have had some sleep the last couple days but not much. At this point I seem to get to the point of exhaustion and then will crash for up to 4 hours. Thought this was really a good sign last night as I may have hit 6 hours but only after a day/night of 0 hours sleep. Seem to be zipping along tonight however. Couldn't sleep so why not type. As I have been reading along here I have been trying to decide if my low energy and motivation are from lack of sleep or continuing symptoms of withdrawl. My legs seem really tired and heavy. Or is it because I am an old man and just feeling the effects normal for me given that my using over the last 3 years has made me inactive. I am in poor physical condition. Have I just not been feeling what was already there due to oxy? Maybe it actually works on pain and doesn't just get me high.

Today I was riding in the car with my wife driving. We had gone to do some shopping in a town about an hour from our home. I was so tired I could not drive. I fell fast asleep for about 30 minutes and when I woke up thought I had fallen asleep while driving. Nearly had a heart attack.

My wife and I are growing closer together again after a few rough days.

I know that as I feel better the horrid withdrawl will dim further into the past and using will rear its ugly head again. That is when it really gets tough. Right now I just remember that all the days/nights in which I hated myself all I wanted was to be exactly where I am right now. Feeling clean and honest.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey man 9 days clean is great! Keep it up. I am 8 days clean off a 12-15 pills a day of norco 10/325. I have heard oxy wd is worse then Vicodin wd. So you probably are still having some wd symptoms. They get better just stick with it.